Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. Phât Đäň Retweeted
    ‏ @ScouseSamba 19 Aug 2016
    pogba is a dick sucking banana eating money coon

2 replies3 retweets1 like
  2. Phât Đäň Retweeted
    FS‏ @lingarddontdab Mar 4
    Pogba OUT you fucking NIGGER get him OUT I voted OUT

5 replies 92 retweets 40 likes
fuckin' really?? 40 likes?
wtf??? I wasn't even sure what this twatter thing was... and i'm still not... what the fuck is it please?

The 'who is it' thing? It was Harry Winks doing a day with the Spurs Foundation.

It's yet another thing taken out of context by people who think the slightest thing they don't quite understand must be a cryptic clue to a transfer.

My only criticism of Spurs defence is the high line that teams like Liverpool consistently expose by running into space from wide. This guy could be the antidote.

It's our biggest defensive weakness and one that I'm surprised hasn't been exploited more. I guess not all teams have the right players to try and take advantage, but I agree Sanchez will help us nullify the threat of anyone trying it.

It's our biggest defensive weakness and one that I'm surprised hasn't been exploited more. I guess not all teams have the right players to try and take advantage, but I agree Sanchez will help us nullify the threat of anyone trying it.

I think it takes a certain type of attacking prowess to unlock a high defensive line with Jan and Toby being involved in it. I think that's why Leicester with Vardy and Liverpool with their 3/4 crafty attackers seem to make life tough for us. There's not many teams that do but these with their lightening counter attacks
seem to cause our high defensive line more issues than most

Defo. Especially Liverpool and Chelsea (not surprisingly the 2 teams we do worst against) Sanchez will be good good at sprinting back and blocking players like Mane, Salah, Willian and Hazard.

Dutch Spurs fan over here. I'm pretty excited about this transfer! Sanchez appears to be the biggest defensive talent we've had in our league for at least the last 15 years or so. I don't believe he's as much a finished product yet like Vertonghen for example was when he left, but he's way better compared to either him, Alderweireld or van Dijk at his current age. Sky seems the limit for him.

Dutch Spurs fan over here. I'm pretty excited about this transfer! Sanchez appears to be the biggest defensive talent we've had in our league for at least the last 15 years or so. I don't believe he's as much a finished product yet like Vertonghen for example was when he left, but he's way better compared to either him, Alderweireld or van Dijk at his current age. Sky seems the limit for him.

I assume the last talent of his level you are referring too would be Japp Stam?

Could be, Stam was an absolute beast too in his prime. But nothing like Sanchez at 21 either I'd guess. It's more like I can't talk out of own experience for what we had more then 15 years ago.

I am sure a few probably thought I liked Bally over Davison was what I said. I do that too often myself bc I dont read throughly up and down..

For the Davison I havent seen him yet not even in highlights but I am excited and interested bc if Levy spent that much :pochsmirk: I cant wait to see

Could be, Stam was an absolute beast too in his prime. But nothing like Sanchez at 21 either I'd guess. It's more like I can't talk out of own experience for what we had more then 15 years ago.

I'm interest to see how he is marking his man, his reading of danger before it's there and anticipating where to be so attackers dot get half a yard on him. Toby is a class act at the intricate elements of defending as was our Ledley. How do you see Sanchez dealing with parts of defending that aren't around pace and strength?

I am sure a few probably thought I liked Bally over Davison was what I said. I do that too often myself bc I dont read throughly up and down..

For the Davison I havent seen him yet not even in highlights but I am excited and interested bc if Levy spent that much :pochsmirk: I cant wait to see

This isn't the first Dutch guy (above post) to say he is the best young defender they have seen in donkeys better than ours and up there with Stam at the same age (21).

Don't think we would spend £40 mil on a 21 year old unless we though this kid will be something really amazing in the coming years.

It's funny we have bought the top defensive prospect in Europe in sanchez and also the top South American one in Foyth who was going to PSG at one point. We shouldn't have many issues in the CM area for a while.

I'm interest to see how he is marking his man, his reading of danger before it's there and anticipating where to be so attackers dot get half a yard on him. Toby is a class act at the intricate elements of defending as was our Ledley. How do you see Sanchez dealing with parts of defending that aren't around pace and strength?
From what I've seen he appears to be an excellent reader of the game at our level, but I'm no Ajax supporter so I haven't seen his every single week in week out possible mishaps. As far as athleticism goes in our league he's been in a league of his own.. so ye, fair point to wonder if it wasn't too easy for him to just muscle his opponents out. I've actually seen van Dijk in his first 2 seasons of top flight football week in week out, who was definitely abusing his athleticism back then. In comparison I think Sanchez has shown last year he's a lot better tactically then van Dijk was back then.

Ah, and don't get me wrong: I meant Stam probably wasn't anywhere near Sanchez at 21. He was like 23 or something before he even went to a top Dutch team. The way Sanchez has dominated in our league as a 20 year old is pretty unique. Not that our league is anywhere near as strong as years back, but even so.

This isn't the first Dutch guy (above post) to say he is the best young defender they have seen in donkeys better than ours and up there with Stam at the same age (21).

Don't think we would spend £40 mil on a 21 year old unless we though this kid will be something really amazing in the coming years.

It's funny we have bought the top defensive prospect in Europe in sanchez and also the top South American one in Foyth who was going to PSG at one point. We shouldn't have many issues in the CM area for a while.
Foyth looks alright. I had to google him ofcourse fucking Rose but w Walker gone and Rose rolling eyes I am sure Poch and Levy is doing what we can from whats available. I was getting worried for a while bc I knew you just ccouldnt last withought spending no matter how smooth Poch talks or how good of Stadium building story you have. Still xouple weeks left feel a bit ambitious here and want to see Barkley. If that happens plus maybe Lamela back in form damit ohooo watch out again PL CL here here we go again. Im happy

Back
Top Bottom