Deadline Day - One Signing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It has to be a centre back and preferably a top quality one. We are extremely weak in that area ( we saw that last season) and with the inclusion of 2 attacking full backs we could be seriously exposed in that area. It’s beggars belief that some thought a back up striker is more important than this.

It has to be a centre back and preferably a top quality one. We are extremely weak in that area ( we saw that last season) and with the inclusion of 2 attacking full backs we could be seriously exposed in that area. It’s beggars belief that some thought a back up striker is more important than this.
Wait so you didn’t want to sign a backup striker?:sonhmm:
why didn’t you say?:mourshock:

If we are after a CB John Stones could be a good shout??
He has not had a great few years but could benefit in a side that doesn’t play out from the back as much as city and would be available for a cut price imo

Unrealistic: Sergej Milinković-Savić

Realistic: I guess Skriniar but I would prefer a left footed CB and prefer someone better on the ball, I just don't see a realistic option that we would add that fits either skill. I also worry that adding him would only mean we are replacing Toby or Sanchez. If Dier would still start regardless then there is not much point in adding him.

So if Dier still starts then I guess my answer would be nobody because bringing in Skriniar and starting Dier alongside him is fairly pointless.

Skriniar would be a great signing and one that we could realistically get. Other than that a player in the mold of Kante or Doucoure would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom