DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At best? Come on dude, give the guy more credit than that. He would be leaps and bounds better than some of the RB's at the bottom of the table and you're suggesting that he should probably be playing in League One. That's a pretty hyperbolic statement.
Watched plenty of Naughton and I don't see it. I think when you see Naughton play alright (vs dreadful), you tend to overstate his mediocre performances. Plus, throw in his age, he isn't getting much better. He is a decent Prem back up and a Championship-caliber type player at best.

Watched plenty of Naughton and I don't see it. I think when you see Naughton play alright (vs dreadful), you tend to overstate his mediocre performances. Plus, throw in his age, he isn't getting much better. He is a decent Prem back up and a Championship-caliber type player at best.

Okay, I'll say it again. "At best" implies that he would be better off in League One if he's "a Championship-caliber type player at best." Is that what you intend to say? Not trying to start a fight or anything, just trying to get some clarification.

If you prefer me to speak in meme like Tennessee Spur Tennessee Spur , here you go:

question-31842991.jpeg

At best? Come on dude, give the guy more credit than that. He would be leaps and bounds better than some of the RB's at the bottom of the table and you're suggesting that he should probably be playing in League One. That's a pretty hyperbolic statement.

And Naughton is "leaps n bounds better then some of the RB's at the bottom of the table "?

Naughton was pretty awful last year. I need your definition of "leaps n bounds"

Last edited:
Okay, I'll say it again. "At best" implies that he would be better off in League One if he's "a Championship-caliber type player at best." Is that what you intend to say? Not trying to start a fight or anything, just trying to get some clarification.

If you prefer me to speak in meme like Tennessee Spur Tennessee Spur , here you go:

question-31842991.jpeg
Let's keep this nice n simple. Put Naughton's quality in whatever league you want outside of the Prem and any other comparable league.

And Naughton is "leaps n bounds better then some of the RB's at the bottom of the table "?

Naughton was pretty awful last year. I need your definition of "leaps n bounds"

Are you telling me you would honestly prefer Santiago Vergini over Naughton? Hell, even though he doesn't get many games, Tony Hibbert still plays for Everton as a backup.

Are you telling me you would honestly prefer Santiago Vergini over Naughton? Hell, even though he doesn't get many games, Tony Hibbert still plays for Everton as a backup.[/quote
naughton
I wouldn't prefer any of them including Naughton. Watched plenty of the bottom of the prem to disagree with your "leaps n bounds" notion. Let's see how he looks in place of Walker n happy to be proven wrong on that matter. Unlikely

We're gonna just have to agree to disagree.

I imagine Yedlin will play two games for us at the very end of the season if they really don't matter.

Yedlin played tonight in the US Open Cup and had an assist on Seattle's 5th goal. It was a very nice cross (one of Yedlin's biggest improvements in his 2nd season has been his crossing).

To say that Naughton is championship level at best is bs. He did well during his loan spell in Norwich a couple of seasons back. Also remember that Rose, our LB who loads of people have been dissing, was young player of the year in Sunderland and hailed by commentators as one of their best and most important players.

You also have players like Adam (cunt), Allen, Cleverley, Downing, and many more, that proves that a player that isn't just good enough, but a star, for low to mid table premier league looks hopeless in the top teams.

Imo Naughton is ok for a top team as backup, and would easily be the first choice right back for half the PL teams.

As if some people are slagging off Yedlin already.

:paulinhofacepalm:

Bearing in mind how little we've paid, and considering that when Walker was his age (just turned 21) he was on loan in the Championship with QPR, no where near our first team, I think we've got a hell of a bargain and a guy with fantastic potential.

Back
Top Bottom