DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i watched the friendly match Holland-USA 3-4 ,Yedlin enter in the pitch in the second half,when the score was 3-1 for hosts,and he played very well as right back (assist for Brooks,their second goal of USA),he played offensive all 30 minutes,staying as much possible in their pitch,offer many crosses,and i like this quality at him-having speed as skill,running fast all the time ,excellent choice for Spurs (close to Walker,type of player)

What Yedlin did as a RW/RM last night is exactly what Poch wants our fullbacks to do. No reason to move him up the pitch.

CHKzSCzWkAAou_P.png

Yid-lin!

Last edited:
He came in at half, I only got to watch the last 30 but thought he looked pretty solid. His speed and quickness, again, is just amazing.

Went back and watched the second half. Yed-lin looked to be playing a RM in a 442 - Similar to being a RB in Poch's 4231. It seemed like the only way to beat Germany's defense was Yedlin's pace. He reminds me of Lennon - but Yed-lin is more of a One Trick Pony. He does not shoot or cut in. Just run as fast as he can, beat the backer & lay a low pass to the back of the box.
He does not have the skills of a Mid, but he can beat many backs. Probably better suited at RB - as long as he works on Marking.

Back
Top Bottom