Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte says this about the carpark attendant, absolutely desperate to be shot of Doherty/Emerson

Emerson will survive the cut in the summer...... He's young, coach-able and can prove useful as a squad member at the very least (maybe even as a back-up RCB).

Doherty is 30 and has only had a handful of decent games in 2 years.

120937735_2726583884265576_1585137240830919276_n.jpg
Mr Touchy Feely copping a bit of Poch arse with his left hand there.

Emerson will survive the cut in the summer...... He's young, coach-able and can prove useful as a squad member at the very least (maybe even as a back-up RCB).

Doherty's only strength is "turning up unexpectedly in the box and causing a nuisance". Which had its "stopped-clock is right" moment with the Bergwijn goal the other week.

Definitely time to re-home him.

By virtue of nobody wanting him if nothing else.

He's a Brazilian Wan Bissaka. I.e a mid table/bottom half club will take him but no club inside the top 4 of any major league will go near it.

By that criteria you'd say he could still provide value to our bench..... (Pretty much what my OG post says.)

By that criteria you'd say he could still provide value to our bench..... (Pretty much what my OG post says.)

Not to a Conte bench. Emerson is borderline useless to Conte, the stuff he does well for a RB is the least important to his system.

Anyway it's not his thread so won't bang on. But I fully believe if an even halfway decent bid came in for Emerson, he'd be out of here.

Interesting that Conte thinks he can play wingback. You can say we're "playing him out of position" but it's par for the course for Conte to change attacking players into wingbacks, it has happened everywhere he's went. Kwadwo Asamoah, Simone Pepe, Victor Moses, Antonio Candreva, Ashley Young, Ivan Perisic.

I think the one that would be most similar to Kulusevski is how he converted Perisic into his starting LWB in last year's title winning Inter team. Essentially made him an inverted wingback and with Perisic's work rate and skill going forward it worked perfectly. I could see a similar situation for Kulusevski here, he's got an immense work rate, is big and physical, and has more creativity than anyone else we've got in that position.

I know it fucks some people off and it allows for simplistic criticism about not playing in the proper position. But I love a versatile footballer, being able to play in numerous positions is generally the sign of a cerebral player.

I don't know why Conte wants to insist with having one inverted wb.

Oh, an idea. Maybe he prefers Lucas to run down the flank, and Kulu cut in to create or shoot?

Gives us our width without having Kulu stuck out on the wing, giving him free roam to cut in and create or shoot.

Shit man conte is a genius

Back
Top Bottom