Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had good moments but he needs to stop dithering. Such a small change could completely transform him ffs.

I thought he played well today. Just didn't quite break for him on a few occasions and perhaps dithered a bit. Shame he lacks that burst of pace as otherwise I think he'd be a top, top player instead of a good one.

Pretty good performance, I wish his end product was better. He just needs to decide what he wants to do with the ball quicker. The rest of his game is good.

competition will do him good. in open games like today he just doesnt have the legs, thats where hopefully johnson will be optimal. kulu be better against them sides camped in where his cut inside and cross will be a weapon.

Still think he will be better in the middle as a back up for Maddison and Johnsons pace will be useful on the wing. Good thing is Kulu, BJ, Son, Solomon are all flexible and can rotate positions

I hope the new boy gets a chance ahead of him. I really want to see our team complete it's transformation to a pace led death machine. We have athleticism all over the pitch now, Johnson could put the exclamation point on it.
I think the question is how much Kulu’s ability to get released into space is his footballing brain vs the system vs defenses not guarding against that option due to his limited pace.

Johnson will burn the house down if you let him gallop through your backline like Kulu works his way to a few times a game, but it may not be that simple.

Kule didn't have great game Burnley, he wastes so many opportunies in the final 3rd and almost never gets the ball into dangerous postions.

Now with Johnson, he is losing out on pace and if Johnson can provide too Kulu is going to be in trouble and will have to seriously develop his final product.

Far far too wasteful yesterday.

Looks like he's playing with his head down a tad too much. If h could get his head up and be more aware of players around him, I think we'd see a lot more.

He is clearly being tactically pushed wide by opposition teams though. It's painfully obvious.

I think some people just find it hard to watch a game of football and not find someone to be pissed off about.
I think that Dejan's relative one footedness makes him an easy target. He'll come off as slower to make decisions and like he is wasting chances at times because he does want the ball on his left foot as much as possible. Especially when he ends up out on the right flank.

Against slower teams/park the bus teams where he gets the space it isn't an issue. But against teams like Burnley who want a similar pace to ours he could probably do better dropping centrally so he has more open space to work in. But he makes up for that with being physically strong and able to hold up the ball. Something that Solomon, Son and Perisic aren't as good at.

I don't think he's a pure winger in this Ange system.

I look at his attributes and see him as more as an attacking 8 long term.
Agreed. And Dejan agrees as well funnily enough. He's said for yers that he sees himself moving centrally to play as an attacking 8 or a 10 as he ages.

He's a different type of playmaker to Maddison but I think that he should be considered James' main rotation option right now.

I really could’ve taken or left kulu this summer …. I certainly wanted him cheaper after his loan

But I’ve actually been quite impressed with him….. I tired of watching him getting rolled over as he received the ball in our half

But now conte has gone and taken his shitty football with him he’s receiving the ball further up the park and using it well

I trust him with the ball with whereas I had no faith in him last season

He’s certainly got a confidence he was bereft of under conte

Back
Top Bottom