Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has to go.

Dropping close to £90m on Kulusevski and Johnson could single-handedly torpedo our chances of this being a successful project. Our right wing is nowhere near the level necessary to challenge the top.
More like 75m total. But your point remains. I think Kulu can be good on his day but too many limitations & suits a slower paced league. Already hit his ceiling. Johnson just doesn’t convince me at all. Just seems like a decent 7 out of 10 squad player to me. For 25m max that would have been ok.

I think Kulu is Madison's replacement/competition. He's done very well centrally, and he's repeatedly said it's his best position.

Ideally you want two strong players for each position. We're getting there.

Bissouma/Benta
Sarr/Skipp
Maddison/Kulu

Johnson/?
Richy/?
Son/Timo

Our front 3 clearly needs work, as does our wingbacks/one more CB. But we're getting there.

I think Kulu is Madison's replacement/competition. He's done very well centrally, and he's repeatedly said it's his best position.

Ideally you want two strong players for each position. We're getting there.

Bissouma/Benta
Sarr/Skipp
Maddison/Kulu

Johnson/?
Richy/?
Son/Timo

Our front 3 clearly needs work, as does our wingbacks/one more CB. But we're getting there.
Beauty of versatile players is u can have a smaller squad. Kulu covers two positions and arguably Maddison could play in the front 3 as well as 8

True but unlike most of this season.

Im Not Sure Season 11 GIF by One Chicago

5 goals in 20 starts, 1 app. 2 assists , 2 assists-ish.
So a goal involvement almost every other game.
He's just coming back after an illness.
I expect another 6 G/A in our remaining games.

True but unlike most of this season.

That’s just straight up untrue. He wasn’t particularly good for the start of the season. He had a great run of games and then again went back to being poor. He’s had more poor than good games this season.

The guy isn’t a terrible player or anything, but he needs replacing as a starter. Too many matches where he just isn’t dangerous.

That’s just straight up untrue. He wasn’t particularly good for the start of the season. He had a great run of games and then again went back to being poor. He’s had more poor than good games this season.

The guy isn’t a terrible player or anything, but he needs replacing as a starter. Too many matches where he just isn’t dangerous.

Either want to claim we’d be anywhere near Top 4 if we didn’t have Kulusevski this year?

The ability to play several roles and make game winning contributions at 23? Not loads of those players around

Either want to claim we’d be anywhere near Top 4 if we didn’t have Kulusevski this year?

The ability to play several roles and make game winning contributions at 23? Not loads of those players around

If you got rid of him entirely & we for some reason decided not to fill the spot probably not, but I'd take a LOT of players who can play his role over him in this league.

If you got rid of him entirely & we for some reason decided not to fill the spot probably not, but I'd take a LOT of players who can play his role over him in this league.

Logical fallacy.

We did sign him and we are in reach of top 4 because we did.

That is a certainty.

Saying you like other players better and and because of that we have also done the same or better is galaxy brain

Logical fallacy.

That is a certainty.

Saying you like other players better and and because of that we have also done the same or better is galaxy brain

It's obvious to me that our real struggles lately have been in the midfield. Missing Maddison, Bissouma, and Sarr is HUGE. Yet supporters are looking to make scapegoats out of Johnson and Kulusevski

Logical fallacy.

That is a certainty.

It’s a stupid fucking question. If we didn’t have this player and instead had NOBODY ELSE to replace him then would we be worse off?

Yeah. Of course. Doesn’t mean I have to think he’s particularly good, it just means somebody is better than bloody nobody.

You just go down the winger shop and buy a better winger, innit?

Yeah, it’s called a transfer window. The number of players better than 7 g/a from wide positions in 20 odd games is pretty high.

I get it, these days the Kulu fanboys are having to find new arguments to defend starting him because he’s been so damn poor for so long, but come on.

The number of players better than 7 g/a from wide positions in 20 odd games is pretty high.

I get it, these days the Kulu fanboys are having to find new arguments to defend starting him because he’s been so damn poor for so long, but come on.
No, it ain't.
15+ goals and assists is an excellent return from a winger.
I'm not a Kulu fan boy just a truth fan boy.
He has literally not been damn poor for so long.

Back
Top Bottom