Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am winning the bet.

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Interesting that Ange said that he hooked him because he wasn't holding Width enough, Johnson came on and immediately we improved because Porro was running into the vacated space.

Tells you that this system will bang with touchline wingers who want to get chalk on their boots and hold the width, Kulu aint that guy - reckon Ange will move him into midfield next season.

He won’t.

Interesting that Ange said that he hooked him because he wasn't holding Width enough, Johnson came on and immediately we improved because Porro was running into the vacated space.

Tells you that this system will bang with touchline wingers who want to get chalk on their boots and hold the width, Kulu aint that guy - reckon Ange will move him into midfield next season.

Working Out GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Deuterz Deuterz with pussy out laughing emoji. Go find a timecode of an actual mistake other than not playing the cross that led to the Luton goal.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

It was his initial crap pass which led to their counter + goal. Played it straight in towards a Luton player.

Couple of nice passes after that but some rubbish ones to go with it and drifted. Our least effective attacker by far.

Then rightly hooked and Brennan looked far more electric. You can’t afford to drift vs championship crap vs Luton, these are the games attackers should feast.

Mate I know you like the bloke but he was dire.

Nice pass for Werner fair enough, but every time he was on the ball the move died. He was far to central cutting in all the time losing it or just passing it backwards and killing the move.

MOTD pulled the stats 0 attempted crosses 0 shots and lost the ball the most in the side.

The difference when Johnson came on for him in general play was night and day.

You can not defend that first half from him and Ange obviously agreed hence why he was hooked at HT
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

It was his initial crap pass which led to their counter + goal. Played it straight in towards a Luton player.

Couple of nice passes after that but some rubbish ones to go with it and drifted. Our least effective attacker by far.

Then rightly hooked and Brennan looked far more electric. You can’t afford to drift vs championship crap vs Luton, these are the games attackers should feast.

He should have crossed it when it led to their goal.

Other than that, find a mistake or poor piece of play with a timecode because he could and should have had 2 assists and wasn't bad. He wasn't great and Johnson played well. I'd start Johnson now too but I was expecting some end of days shit like the whole team vs Fulham.

It was nothing like as bad as some of you want to believe it was.

Nice pass for Werner fair enough, but every time he was on the ball the move died. He was far to central cutting in all the time losing it or just passing it backwards and killing the move.

MOTD pulled the stats 0 attempted crosses 0 shots and lost the ball the most in the side.

You can not defend that first half from him and Ange obviously agreed hence why he was hooked at HT

Didn’t he play the ball that sent Sonny through on the double post and Werner’s scuffed shot ?

Johnson was heavily involved in the creation of both goals.

Kulu takes far too many touches and takes too long to make decisions.

A lot of times he has the ball up the pitch in a favorable situation (3 v 3, 4 v 3, etc) and he holds the ball so long that the defence recovers and the play dies.

Over and over.

Move the fucking ball!!

Big difference between him and Johnson is their proactivity.

Look at the Luton goal. When Kulusevski gets the ball, he cuts inside. If that was Johnson, he'd have whipped it in first time into the box or continued to take it on down the line.

And then look at our equaliser. If Kulusevski picks the ball up where Johnson did. Do you think his first thought is to play a one two and cross the ball?

I like Kulusevski but I'd be amazed if he ever played right wing for us ever again come next season. Barring injuries and suspensions.

Big difference between him and Johnson is their proactivity.

Look at the Luton goal. When Kulusevski gets the ball, he cuts inside. If that was Johnson, he'd have whipped it in first time into the box or continued to take it on down the line.

And then look at our equaliser. If Kulusevski picks the ball up where Johnson did. Do you think his first thought is to play a one two and cross the ball?

I like Kulusevski but I'd be amazed if he ever played right wing for us ever again come next season. Barring injuries and suspensions.

The difference between the 2 are exactly why he was subbed and why it was a good idea to have pace and the ability to get to the byline against Luton. Deki should have come off with 1 assist and possibly 2. There will be games that he changes from the bench before the season ends and people will say he should start again over Johnson. That's what happens when you have a squad.

Sadly if you view the overall performance and how it has a knock on affect during the game, it paints a different picture.
Firstly, for those 2 or 3 moments you describe, there were long periods whereby his play stunted attacks, slowed down the team, resulted in giving the ball away and generally held us back.

On the other hand, Johnson sped us up, made us better to watch, did get two assists and should have scored but for a blade of grass.

He is better on the RW than Deki. The numbers and the eye tests back it up.

not what i saw mate for Deki and even then, moments win games.

Not arguing that Johnson a better fit for the game though.

Back
Top Bottom