Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing I loved hearing when we were near signing Kulusevski was how competitive he was and how seriously he takes football.

I think as I've watched Spurs over the years, I've begun to see the value of that much more than just pure talent and skill.

You look at what a guy like Kane has done with pretty minimal god-given talent and you realize there's so much more to football than size, pace, natural ability.

Our best teams under Pochettino were competitive as fuck and you could see they really gave a shit and hated losing. Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Kane, Dembele, Wanyama, Dele, Toby, Dier, Son, Kane, etc. Effort, drive, intensity was never the issue.

Unfortunately a lot of those guys were replaced with lads who can't seem bothered as highlighted most ignominiously by Ndombele and Lo Celso.

Kulusevski, Romero, and Bentancur has been a welcome return to players that seem to leave it all on the pitch. I don't think any of them are technically better than Ndombele or Lo Celso, but the difference in application and mentality is so stark.

The thing I loved hearing when we were near signing Kulusevski was how competitive he was and how seriously he takes football.

I think as I've watched Spurs over the years, I've begun to see the value of that much more than just pure talent and skill.

You look at what a guy like Kane has done with pretty minimal god-given talent and you realize there's so much more to football than size, pace, natural ability.

Our best teams under Pochettino were competitive as fuck and you could see they really gave a shit and hated losing. Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Kane, Dembele, Wanyama, Dele, Toby, Dier, Son, Kane, etc. Effort, drive, intensity was never the issue.

Unfortunately a lot of those guys were replaced with lads who can't seem bothered as highlighted most ignominiously by Ndombele and Lo Celso.

Kulusevski, Romero, and Bentancur has been a welcome return to players that seem to leave it all on the pitch. I don't think any of them are technically better than Ndombele or Lo Celso, but the difference in application and mentality is so stark.
Great post

Need a combo of ability x mentality tho nit mentality alone

Great post

Need a combo of ability x mentality tho nit mentality alone
For sure, it's always a balance.

Slightly controversially, I never really rated Eriksen on a mentality basis. Thought he had a tendency to go missing in big games.

He still contributed massively to the club and was an important part of success during those Pochettino years and he definitely benefitted from being surrounded by highly intense and competitive guys.

You can fit a lad with Eriksen's talent in the side if he's surrounded by serious mentality types. Balance is key.

For sure, it's always a balance.

Slightly controversially, I never really rated Eriksen on a mentality basis. Thought he had a tendency to go missing in big games.

He still contributed massively to the club and was an important part of success during those Pochettino years and he definitely benefitted from being surrounded by highly intense and competitive guys.

You can fit a lad with Eriksen's talent in the side if he's surrounded by serious mentality types. Balance is key.
Yeah fair but he had a good work ethic and worked hard off the ball (for a playmaker).

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Dele alli was in the Boohoo adverts and became worse as a footballer as his interests in other things grew more. So maybe thats what matt's point is. That Kulu doesnt look like a model so he will be focussed on football rather than other things.

Just shows how the world is turning into a bunch of fucking Karen's who get triggered without even understanding what it is they're getting triggered about.

Can anyone that speaks bouncy-ball translate for me pls?
Hamilton was one of the key players on the 00's Detroit Pistons and known as a lethal scorer and as a big game player. Routinely popping up in the clutch when the Pistons needed a win.

Also notorious for playing in a mask long after his facial injury healed because he became a bit superstitious and felt like he played better with it on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom