Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be fine, but once it began to function as all but our only song it became a problem... It's too low energy (most people have tapped out before the 3rd round when it's sung at normal tempo; let alone the 4th when it's supposed to get all shouty).

- Virtually no player songs anymore (Lewis Holtby once had a song FFS!).
- And most of the obv club songs rarely get sung anymore either (Grand old team.... Fuck 'em all... By far the greatest.... We are Tottenham... You are my Tottenham... etc.)

.....Something died in and around the AVB period.
I think the piped in drum at Wembley was the beginning of the end 😂

His assist to Son on Sunday brings him up to 5 assists and 2 goals in 10 games. It’s the exact same Moura has in 27 this season in the EPL

Had been thinking he was about 2.7x better than Lucas…

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

The only fault i could see was that he wasn't as fast as many players.
But it doesn't seem to stop him getting past players.
I really like this fella,and the other new boy.
For sure he’s not a speed demon but he’s proving himself to be a very smart footballer. Good/intelligent passer, link up play is very good, great crosser, and hold up play is very good.

i think what we need is a very fast RB who can create the overlap so he can hold back in that pocket and get in some good cross/passes with his left peg while also creating more space for him.

For sure he’s not a speed demon but he’s proving himself to be a very smart footballer. Good/intelligent passer, link up play is very good, great crosser, and hold up play is very good.

i think what we need is a very fast RB who can create the overlap so he can hold back in that pocket and get in some good cross/passes with his left peg while also creating more space for him.
Would say we need a good footballer at RWB to play him in as early as possible and get him on the half turn. Assuming Skipp replaces Hoj, we wil have displaced all the cloggers / stranglers bar RWB / LWB

They said the same about Sheringham... and VDV was hardly 'nippy'...
Kane also won't win the 100m any time soon..

But the 'need for speed' isn't as crucial when your brain is 2-3 moves/passes ahead of the game!

One big thing is his mentality. All three Serie A recruits seen to be made of mentally tough stuff and we have needed these kind of players for ages. Big game mentality. Not fazed by who they're up against.

Kulu isn't just a baller, isn't just quick to adapt and with the instincts to play alongside Kane and Son as if he'd been doing so for a few seasons, he's got that determination and fearlessness that Conte wanted and it's starting to flood through our veins. I haven't seen that in quite some time with us.

One big thing is his mentality. All three Serie A recruits seen to be made of mentally tough stuff and we have needed these kind of players for ages. Big game mentality. Not fazed by who they're up against.

Kulu isn't just a baller, isn't just quick to adapt and with the instincts to play alongside Kane and Son as if he'd been doing so for a few seasons, he's got that determination and fearlessness that Conte wanted and it's starting to flood through our veins
. I haven't seen that in quite some time with us.
...everything you said make me go all :dierno::dier::skipwtf:

So true...

I always used to hate Wenger whenever he used the phrase "Mental Ztrengssss" with regards to his players ...but that's what his Arseanal teams had in abundance; the Mental Strength to either never know when they're beaten, (hence how they clawed back so many annoying late winners) ...or to convince the opposition they were already beaten! (they'd score a couple early, and that's how it would stay... 'cos the oppo were already writing this one off and looking to the next game!)
That was their secret to success.... it was one thing, or the other.

That takes some doing... but I think Conte has the magic formula... and it's invaluable!

Kulu isn't just a baller, isn't just quick to adapt and with the instincts to play alongside Kane and Son as if he'd been doing so for a few seasons, he's got that determination and fearlessness that Conte wanted and it's starting to flood through our veins. I haven't seen that in quite some time with us.
Dejan also looks like a big game player in the making. He was instrumental in Juventus winning the Coppa last season, scoring one goal and assisting the winning one.

We need more players like that.

...everything you said make me go all :dierno::dier::skipwtf:

So true...

I always used to hate Wenger whenever he used the phrase "Mental Ztrengssss" with regards to his players ...but that's what his Arseanal teams had in abundance; the Mental Strength to either never know when they're beaten, (hence how they clawed back so many annoying late winners) ...or to convince the opposition they were already beaten! (they'd score a couple early, and that's how it would stay... 'cos the oppo were already writing this one off and looking to the next game!)
That was their secret to success.... it was one thing, or the other.

That takes some doing... but I think Conte has the magic formula... and it's invaluable!
Part of the reason you hated Wenger and that phrase was because you knew he was right and you knew we lacked it.

We did before and we have done since. God I hope that Conte sticks around, that Harry sees the way the wind is blowing and that our recruitment focuses on mentalities like Kulu's, Benta's and Romero's

Last edited:
Part of the reason you hated Wenger and that phrase was because you knew he was right and you knew we lacked it.

We did before and we have done since. God I hope that Conte sticks around, that Harry see the way the wind is blowing and that our recruitment focuses on mentalities like Kulu's, Benta's and Romero's
Oh, abso-fucking-lutely.... I wish we'd had that kind of influence over other teams...
Sadly, Ardiles, Francis, Graham, Hoddle & Gross didn't quite give off the same 'aura' as mid-late '90s Wenger!

Early days, but after 10 PL matches playing 758 minutes he's scored 2 goals and got 5 assists.

That's one goal involvement every 108 minutes or just under a goal assist every game.

New team, new league ...... and immediately productive !

Bodes very well

He and Bentancur have exceeded my expectiations already by so much it's crazy. They've walked straight into our first 11 and are now crucial pieces. Alongside Romero it's finally so amazing to have some business done right.

I genuinely believe if we make a couple more signings of this quality then the sky is the limit for Conte's boys. Next year could be very exciting.

Back
Top Bottom