Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well this is a first.

Kulusevski, who last year won the award as Sweden's best individual footballer has more or less said that there shouldn't be an award this year. Citing poor performances for the national team and that it feels wrong to award individualism when the national team fails to qualify for a tournament.

"Football is a team sport. It's not about being the best player, it's about making your team win. None of us have managed to do that in the national team. I don't know when the prize will be awarded and who it will go to, but it would feel better if the national team did better," Kulusevski told SVT Sport."

"Not that you don't deserve it. Because you do your best and you should get an award for playing well. But it's about helping your teammates and taking you to a European Championship that we might not make. That's what hurts."

I think some fans focus too much on stats, without ever seeing the full contribution of the player.

We had a player years ago, Luka Modric, whose assist and goal stats were dreadful yet was one of our most influential players.

Kulusevski is very good at carrying the ball up the pitch, something which was very evident when he was thriving in Conte's system.
Modric used to beat 3 players,split the defence with a pass between fb and cb for Lennon to cut back for a striker to tap in. Lennon would get the assist even though it was all modric’s brilliant play that created the goal. That’s where stats are a bit false.

I've said it before but he reminds me of Kranjcar. Goes missing quite a bit but also capable of wonderful moments of creativity. He's never going to be Mr Consistency.

Modric used to beat 3 players,split the defence with a pass between fb and cb for Lennon to cut back for a striker to tap in. Lennon would get the assist even though it was all modric’s brilliant play that created the goal. That’s where stats are a bit false.

Stats aren't false, they are objectively what they are, as long as they are recorded accurately.

We just didn't have a stat that could accurately record the things that Modric did to help us win. Likewise we don't publicly have a stat to record Kulu

Man of the match for me today, absolutely worked his bollocks off as an outlet up front when we went down to ten.

Unlucky not to have an assist and a goal in the first half.

He doesn't pass the eye test, the truth is that he's very effective.
He passes the eye test for me. He's a baller. IMO the primary reason a lot of people don't rate him more highly is just his lack of pace.

He consistently beats his man and carries the ball well up the pitch. Has a great eye for a pass and plays great one-two combinations.

He's not an explosive player but that's okay.

He passes the eye test for me. He's a baller. IMO the primary reason a lot of people don't rate him more highly is just his lack of pace.

He consistently beats his man and carries the ball well up the pitch. Has a great eye for a pass and plays great one-two combinations.

He's not an explosive player but that's okay.

I agree he's got a pretty high ceiling, his end product is fantastic.

Really good today as well, should have had 2 assists and a goal and worked his arse off as a lone striker.

One man army. Pass it to him when he's on an Island stuck with 2-3 defenders and he will use this lovely combo of trickery and strength to come out the other side with the ball. He ACES the eye test lmao.

Man of the match for me today, absolutely worked his bollocks off as an outlet up front when we went down to ten.

Unlucky not to have an assist and a goal in the first half.
He was the bollox second half.

He used to give the ball up no end last season

this season you can trust him to keep possession

Maybe not doing so much creatively but for me he’s playing well

Maybe motm today

In recent weeks we’ve really been using his physicality to be the outlet for long balls because son is not a physical player and richy can’t keep the ball.

Shows how important he is to the side.

The “only goal/assists matter” brigade can do one.

Back
Top Bottom