Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Massive - Mass Luongo gets a CM spot. Nathan Byrne great to see this recognition for him.
I've been following Swindon (Spurs) all year , great to see them have two ex Tottenham players in the League One team - congratulations to players and Tottenham coaching staff (i guess that has to include Tim).

Now watch out for the Harry Redknapp quotes about how good Harry was at spotting talent and organising Tim and guys in coaching them.

Don't forget Kasim and Obika. Good to see a few former Spurs players in the League.

Wasn't there a rumour that we could buy him back for 400k?
Yes heard that as well. If true it is a no brainer to bring him back. We can give him the preseason and if Poch doesn't think he's up to it we can re-sell and surely get at least double that. He won player of tournament in the Asian Cup as well if not mistaken

Yes heard that as well. If true it is a no brainer to bring him back. We can give him the preseason and if Poch doesn't think he's up to it we can re-sell and surely get at least double that. He won player of tournament in the Asian Cup as well if not mistaken

The player himself would have to agree to coming back though. It's not as simple as throwing out 400k and he'll come back. I don't think he's going to move from regular first team football, getting in the team of the year, just to come back to a club that sold him in the first place, to be a bench player.

Very excited to see what Alli can do. But I was excited about Bostock, so what the fuck do I know?

Bostock had played 4 league games for Crystal Palace and he was 16. He thought he'd made it when he came to Spurs.
Alli has score 20 goals in 67 games as a 19 year old for Mk Dons.

It doesn't mean that Alli will become a great player for us, just that we have more reason to get excited by a player that has actually done something on a senior level in football.

It's the same conundrum with lower league 'potential superstar prodigies'. .. are they only really shining in an inferior league..M or do you just 'know' with some youngsters that they're gonna make the grade?
Truth is, unless someone like Rooney comes along and makes an impact AT a Premier League club, you're never really gonna know until you try them...
John Bostock was a case in point... my own personal 'what coulda been' players were Jonathan Blondel & Terry Dixon... had high hopes fir the pair of them... but both were hampered by injury and over hyped expectation that neither could live up to...

I didnt compare them and Ive never seen Alli play and have no idea what his position is or where he'll be used.

He still needs to be better than those two, however.

It's not a worry if he doesn't hit the ground next season, he needs to be given loads of time. I hope Poch wants to keep him around the squad next season.

It's the same conundrum with lower league 'potential superstar prodigies'. .. are they only really shining in an inferior league..M or do you just 'know' with some youngsters that they're gonna make the grade?
Truth is, unless someone like Rooney comes along and makes an impact AT a Premier League club, you're never really gonna know until you try them...
John Bostock was a case in point... my own personal 'what coulda been' players were Jonathan Blondel & Terry Dixon... had high hopes fir the pair of them... but both were hampered by injury and over hyped expectation that neither could live up to...
Terry Dixon is a very sad story. I have no doubt he'd have made it with us if it were not for injuries. The Kane before Kane if you will.

Back
Top Bottom