Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need to incorporate somebody better than Dele at keeping the ball.
The last thing we need is to get another player who helps us maintain more possession. All the possession in the world is useless if we can't create chances, as seen against Swansea/Chelsea this season.

Dele's quick passes and off the ball movement is more valuable than someone who plays it safe and passes sideways. Just my opinion.

The last thing we need is to get another player who helps us maintain more possession. All the possession in the world is useless if we can't create chances, as seen against Swansea/Chelsea this season.

Dele's quick passes and off the ball movement is more valuable than someone who plays it safe and passes sideways. Just my opinion.

What we need is an AM who is a better manipulator of the ball than Alli, not someone who throws himself on the ground every 5 minutes and turns over possession again. An AM unlike Alli who can stay strong has pace, go past opponents with the ball and finish.

Last edited:

This is a greatly unrecognised point, especially against the biggest teams when we need to counter attack quickly and play humbly and directly. As much as I enjoy Eriksen for the quality of watching his passing ability, his playing style is far from quick and ruthless and can harm the team as a collective in terms of slowing down our play in certain games. I felt we would have had a better chance with Alli Kane and Son in the attacking 3 in our opening games vs Chelsea and Swansea especially based on how we destroyed teams at the end of last season scoring sixes and sevens playing like that. Alli doesn't even need to play well or anything to go through him to win us the game more efficiently.

I'm caught in two minds about whether Dele has been poor or not. Some of his mistakes make me think that but then I can equally point to things he is still doing excellently. I think the truth is that he is a bit off his usual form at the moment, that's all. Despite that he is doing fine. I think we just need to be patient, he is young and will hit form soon and start looking unplayable again.

WTF are some of you people on?

Class player. Could have scored a beauty today and was unlucky to hit the post.

He's a threat to score anywhere around the 18 yard box. He had some lovely Eriksen type touches today was constantly on the move.

Who cares if he has a bit of an attitude. It's about time we had a team with snarl, grit and a bit of cuntiness.

Don't expect him to stay his entire career, but i want him here as long as possible.

I also see zero reason for him to lose his place.

Stop make a big deal of every little thing that can be perceived negatively!

How about seeing how happy he is to see his teammates to score?

WTF are some of you people on?

Class player. Could have scored a beauty today and was unlucky to hit the post.

He's a threat to score anywhere around the 18 yard box. He had some lovely Eriksen type touches today was constantly on the move.

Who cares if he has a bit of an attitude. It's about time we had a team with snarl, grit and a bit of cuntiness.

Don't expect him to stay his entire career, but i want him here as long as possible.

I also see zero reason for him to lose his place.

Stop make a big deal of every little thing that can be perceived negatively!

How about seeing how happy he is to see his teammates to score?
:adesalute:

I agree with that, but until he's silencing the critics again with his football, it just looks immature, and brings nothing to his, or Spurs game.
If he thrives off the negative press, then fine, go and be our Cantona, but he's off the pace, and needs to concentrate on that.

Been better this week and against West Ham than he was at the start even though he was scoring.

Right now we dont need his goals papering over any cracks, he needs to work harder.
A few weeks ago I took a pasting for lambasting him, but now he hasnt been scoring, I think most people can see his performances more clearly. Basically been very wasteful and petulant.

But as said, he's slowly coming back

Good grief, it's bad enough that everybody else seems to hate him, we dont need his own supporters jumping on that band wagon, thank you very much! He does have his faults like everyone else, but negativity from us is not going to help matters.

Fuck me, can't believe he didn't create or score in a game......

By your way of thinking there's no reason why we shouldn't be winning every game about 11-0 if everyone does what they're there to do.

You do realise there are other parts of his game and role in this team such as to pull players out of position and create space for Kane, Eriksen etc?
He's not doing any of that at the moment I'm afraid, pulling people out of position isn't enough. He flops about too much and has not done anywhere near enough this season yet.

He had an incredible year in the end last season, that is the standard for him now so anything less unfortunately he will be open to criticism. I'm sure he will learn and improve as a result, however, I will not defend players vehemently when they are not doing it.

He's not doing any of that at the moment I'm afraid, pulling people out of position isn't enough. He flops about too much and has not done anywhere near enough this season yet.

He had an incredible year in the end last season, that is the standard for him now so anything less unfortunately he will be open to criticism. I'm sure he will learn and improve as a result, however, I will not defend players vehemently when they are not doing it.
This

Which midfielder in the world scores in every game or plays at a 9/10 every week?

Why not try him as an AM?
Because that’s not where he plays. Same reason we don’t play Kane at left back.

And more to the point, you’d honestly drop one of the best AMs in world football, who delivers 20+ goals and a load of assists a season, for an untried midfielder playing out of position? A midfielder with two dozen appearances? Because Dele hasn’t performed like a superhuman in a few matches? Really?

Back
Top Bottom