Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're a funny guy jerry ... am I meant to rate this funny ?

I agree with you that professional footballers shouldn’t drink, but I genuinely think that some players have benefited from playing whilst drunk. Equally, Maradona probably owes most of his success to being coked up for much of his career.

I agree with you that professional footballers shouldn’t drink, but I genuinely think that some players have benefited from playing whilst drunk. Equally, Maradona probably owes most of his success to being coked up for much of his career.
Maybe there's an argument for being able to play a bit pissed in ages gone by, but in these micro managed days I don't believe so .

Have you tried running on gear!!! Don't answer that

Maybe there's an argument for being able to play a bit pissed in ages gone by, but in these micro managed days I don't believe so .

Have you tried running on gear!!! Don't answer that

I don’t think players could get away with it these days, but I’m convinced that some players used to drink because they thought it helped.

Your right. Maybe he just looks like he's had a drink
They look stone cold sober to me. Look to be having a perfectly normal conversation with the desk, none of the staff looks upset. The only person who brought up the words being pissed is the grass with the camera phone, the same grass that says Dele is trying to upgrade his room that he doesn't even have as he's not staying there.

Christ if that was me pissed when I was 21yrs old at 5am I'd have been brought in by a mate in a wheelbarrow with a traffic cone wedged on my head. In fact the last time I stayed in a hotel in London it took me 2hrs to go from the lobby to gaining entry into my room, found my Mrs past out, lying in front of the door in the corridor. Those were the days......
:pochsmirk:

They look stone cold sober to me. Look to be having a perfectly normal conversation with the desk, none of the staff looks upset. The only person who brought up the words being pissed is the grass with the camera phone, the same grass that says Dele is trying to upgrade his room that he doesn't even have as he's not staying there.

Christ if that was me pissed when I was 21yrs old at 5am I'd have been brought in by a mate in a wheelbarrow with a traffic cone wedged on my head. In fact the last time I stayed in a hotel in London it took me 2hrs to go from the lobby to gaining entry into my room, found my Mrs past out, lying in front of the door in the corridor. Those were the days......
:pochsmirk:
Yeah I'm not swayed by any outside inference that they are pissed... but thanks for suggesting I'm so credulous that i might be

It's my opinion that he looks pissed

Just watched the vidoe, it's nothing in it, Dele doesn't look drunk, he is on his feet steady. How do we know it's 5am, the pathetic commentary?!

Last edited:
Or in the case of Chiriches, during matches.

I’ve often wondered if booze could sometimes be classed as a performance enhancing drug. The likes of Greaves, Best, and Gazza all played at times whilst a bit drunk. Gazza even admitted having a four-day blackout and waking up with a MotM award after playing for Everton. Best had a drunken bet with a mate that he could nutmeg Cruyf in an international friendly later that evening, then promptly did it in the first minute of the game, followed by pointing to his mate in the stands. Pretty sure Gavin Friday was hammered for his whole career.

It can relax you, and give you added confidence to try more ambitious stuff. Not exactly comparable, but I’ve found that there’s a sweet spot when drinking that gives me superhuman abilities when playing pool.

Yeah there is a window of about 30-60 minutes when playing pool or darts where booze suddenly makes you amazing.......things then tail off again

Or in the case of Chiriches, during matches.

I’ve often wondered if booze could sometimes be classed as a performance enhancing drug. The likes of Greaves, Best, and Gazza all played at times whilst a bit drunk. Gazza even admitted having a four-day blackout and waking up with a MotM award after playing for Everton. Best had a drunken bet with a mate that he could nutmeg Cruyf in an international friendly later that evening, then promptly did it in the first minute of the game, followed by pointing to his mate in the stands. Pretty sure Gavin Friday was hammered for his whole career.

It can relax you, and give you added confidence to try more ambitious stuff. Not exactly comparable, but I’ve found that there’s a sweet spot when drinking that gives me superhuman abilities when playing pool.
The only sweet spot I like is the one I get access to when I am a good boy!

7 hours...unbeaten for 7 fucking hours!

I'd gone way past the drinking sweet spot in the first hour or so, problem was, every cunt that played me after was either shit or more drunk than me...which, by closing time, was borderline paralytic!

Back
Top Bottom