Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from the assist, I thought he gave the ball away quite a bit, and didn't look particularly robust when challenged. I miss the 'nasty' Dele, he's not the same player since that seems to have been coached out of him.
This might NOT be a popular view but I thought he got physically fucked by Poch and mentally fucked by Jose

Nuno giving him a chance and I can see why but it’s not working yet and a big no from me for the NLD

Last edited:
Deli played his best football when he had Alderweireld pinging balls over his shoulder and he plays his best football in and around the box. Unfortuently, the last two managers having been playing him as a CAM which he is not. We see him more in our box then the oppositions. He’s got some serious stamina though, able to run for the entire game so I can see why Nuno likes him in the team but unfortuently with Skipp there as well, we have two players who are just maintaining the game and not overly contributing to it. Too bad Ndombele and Deli couldn’t meld into one, that would be a serious player. He needs a very particular setup to make it work for him and I agree that perhaps next summer, unless we see a dramatic turnaround, we should be looking to sell.

Like with the previous manager, if/once he falls out of favour, it'll be hard for him to get bad into the team.

He's worked hard this season, was one of our better players in the first few matches, but if he's not added goals and assists in a team already struggling to score goals, we can't afford to start him most matches.

Another useless game from him, but I am sure his apologists will find one tackle he made to latch onto to try and pretend he had a good game.

Maybe someone might take a punt but we have Levy who will be demanding 30 mill, so inevitably he will be another who just sits on the contract.
Matt Law reported Levy wanted 40M for winks this summer. Winks!?! To your credit I see reason got the best of you with your estimate. But reason won't get to Levy and his valuation and as you said he will be here til his contract ends...and he will improve not one bit.

Matt Law reported Levy wanted 40M for winks this summer. Winks!?! To your credit I see reason got the best of you with your estimate. But reason won't get to Levy and his valuation and as you said he will be here til his contract ends...and he will improve not one bit.

I'm somehow hopeful that losing a bunch of rubbish players he was absolutely quoting silly fees for a season or two ago has finally got it through to Levy that nobody wants to pay big money for our rejects.

I am of course, wrong.

his legs are done

dumb and dumber vomit GIF
Sure looks that way. He just looks so slow now.

Surely he has no defenders left? I appreciate the whole team played gash, but those stats say we'd have actually been better with 10 men
They’ve gone quiet for now but he’ll probably score against Mura and they’ll be back with a vengeance for the Villa game saying Dele just had an off day against the goons

Sure looks that way. He just looks so slow now.
He’s got plenty of legs, just no brain I guess. Pirlo did 1000x more with less physical gifts than Dele has now. I don’t buy that Dele can’t figure out how to move into space and pass the ball. Sad what has happened to him but we can’t afford to play him too much right now. Please loan or sell him in Winter.

Dele was awful again, but I don't think he knows what he's doing out there and certainly isn't able to execute anything intentionally.

I don't think he has a long term future in CM. It's getting to the point I actually think Winks would be a more useful pick. Throw him back up top supporting the striker for 5-10 games, see if he contributes. If not - do another Mourinho job on him.

Like with the previous manager, if/once he falls out of favour, it'll be hard for him to get bad into the team.

He's worked hard this season, was one of our better players in the first few matches, but if he's not added goals and assists in a team already struggling to score goals, we can't afford to start him most matches.

Cant stress this enough - he had ONE good game.
By every possible stat and charecteristic he was our least useful midfield player already in gameweek 2 and 3. Not to mention previous 3:0 dumpings.

Maybe time to let go one game, and focus on 4 games where he was passenger?

Even blind person could see that Skipp in 2nd half was so much more useful for the team.

Back
Top Bottom