Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm getting in on the goal hanging/tap in argument here.

For a start, that's a skill in itself, being able to make a late run or time a run to give yourself an easy finish. It's a fantastic attribute to have and some of the best midfield players and indeed some forwards have made a career from it. Players with that ability are absolutely invaluable and one of the reasons we had a pretty good run of things in recent years is the fact that Dele was able to weigh in with a significant goal contribution to add to that of Kane, and to a lesser extent at the time, Son.

Now, having said all that, Dele is far from a tap in merchant. Think of the goal v Palace and the one against Woolwich in the cup off the top of my head as goals where he had a hell of a lot to do. Throw in a clutch of headers etc and there's a hell of a lot more to Dele than some are giving him credit for.

The caveat is, however, I just don't think there's necessarily a place in the team for him the way we currently play. We're unlikely to hit the byline and put balls across the face of goal and we're highly unlikely to be lashing crosses in unless we're chucking the kitchen sink at a game late on. We're less likely to have intricate build up that he can get on the end of.

Where does that leave him? I have no idea, but I would hate to give up on a player that had delivered the numbers pretty consistently over the last 5 years just because the way we play in the here and now doesn't exactly suit him.

He either needs a big cuddle or a massive boot up the arse to get him back. Maybe a bit of both. And if by the end of the season we're still no further forward maybe then look at cashing in.

C1W77yYXUAAeHOF

I agree with Dele, but Eric is the opposite of fashionable. He plays chess with Jan, drinks Mate with Hugo and the Argentinians, and reads about Brexit. He doesn't do the childish crap Dele does.

He just had a lot of injuries, and he'd been gaining weight over several years. Seems to be a thing with some people where by age 23/24 they start to pile on the pounds. He's worked to trim down but when he takes off his top you can see he's not exactly packing a six pack.

We actually have a number of "fatties" in the starting 11, Toby, Dier, Ndombele, Kane, Davies, and Bergwijn are all not as cut as they could be. When you see someone like Lamela, Aurier, Salah, Grealish etc, you can almost see individual stands of muscle. If they got really shredded it would add a little snap to their movements.
Not his character im referring to mate, just the fashion to go high protein muscle definition weight room crazy that modern players seem a bit over focused on. I clearly remember Eric getting very gym bodied and I don't think it did him any favours.

Not his character im referring to mate, just the fashion to go high protein muscle definition weight room crazy that modern players seem a bit over focused on. I clearly remember Eric getting very gym bodied and I don't think it did him any favours.
ah, yeah. I see what you mean. Yeah, Dier got very very big, but it wasn't gym body, it was more lumberjack than mr olympia.

I say we keep Dele until his form turns around definitively or his career ends. After some thorough consideration it is the only way we can be sure not to miss out on any future world class form (and let's be honest we all know there's a world class player in there that's bound to come out because we've already seen it) and the rebirth to the player we last saw 3+ seasons ago. Even the fans in the stadium were singing his name on Sunday. I bet they wouldn't mind singing it for another few seasons as we all have some of those goals etched in our minds and those memories are hard to relinquish.

I’ve always been a bit sceptical about aliens coming down and abducting people and then replacing them with doubles.

Having just read todd1882 todd1882 post I am 100% certain that aliens do exist, they do abduct people and they do mess with their minds. Still not sold on full on body doubles but time will tell.

Honestly not fussed about Dele. We are top of the league without him featuring properly all season, so clearly he’s not part of our plans anymore. I would cash in on him in Jan. Fleece the buying club what we want for him. Hopefully United being the silly cunts that they are, will sell Pogba and put in a 60 mil bid for Dele Ali.

Back
Top Bottom