Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its almost like Lottery odds now, predicting how we are gonna line up!
We have a myriad of options and don't seem shy in using them :)

Dele was superb yesterday, seemed like he was everywhere. Very pleasing for him and Son to score as well.

Just a quick one on Dele's attitude as it's been questioned in recent weeks. Last week he traveled with his teammates to a game he was suspended for, took part in training the day before the game and supported them from the bench. He then played a deeper role which he hasn't had to do in quite some time yesterday and played a beautiful game. He also looked pretty damn happy when he and his teammates scored (He's a Liverpool fan by the way).

He's the one player we have that I think gets a lot of stick for reasons that are pure hearsay/guesswork. I for one haven't had any issue with his attitude this season. I think it might be down to people believing that he will leave us in the next couple years, hence reading into things too much. I say lets just enjoy him whilst he is here.

Cracking game yesterday!
he has quite a languid style, which belies his actual efforts. When things aren't really coming off it can give the impression he's not trying, but to me, he always plays that way.

Just a quick one on Dele's attitude as it's been questioned in recent weeks. Last week he traveled with his teammates to a game he was suspended for, took part in training the day before the game and supported them from the bench. He then played a deeper role which he hasn't had to do in quite some time yesterday and played a beautiful game. He also looked pretty damn happy when he and his teammates scored (He's a Liverpool fan by the way).

He's the one player we have that I think gets a lot of stick for reasons that are pure hearsay/guesswork. I for one haven't had any issue with his attitude this season. I think it might be down to people believing that he will leave us in the next couple years, hence reading into things too much. I say lets just enjoy him whilst he is here.

Cracking game yesterday!
Spot on, mate.

Cracking game yesterday!

he has quite a languid style, which belies his actual efforts. When things aren't really coming off it can give the impression he's not trying, but to me, he always plays that way.

Why was none of this being said 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Could it be because it looked like he had an attitude problem and was playing poorly. But rich everyone coming out the woodwork now he's performed.

Could it be because it looked like he had an attitude problem and was playing poorly. But rich everyone coming out the woodwork now he's performed.

I was supporting him and questioned why others were.

He's a special talent and I think he has a great attitude. Cocky? Yes but imo he can back this up with his performances. A lot to learn? Absolutely, he's still only 21 though and is quite raw. Rather have him than Pogba though.

He's going rip into Madrid, you wait and see.

he did play well yesterday, I don't many off us moaned about his attitude, think it was more that he & Eriksen have not given 9/10 preformances every week, but who could

Attitude problem?

To be fair - you were the only on here calling for him to be benched while others felt that's a bit extreme and almost knee-jerk since statistically he was doing quite ok

Attitude problem?

To be fair - you were the only on here calling for him to be benched while others felt that's a bit extreme and almost knee-jerk since statistically he was doing quite ok

Well he wasn't benched but he was certainly dropped from the front 3. To great affect.

Maybe he wasn't do as well further up as Poch had hoped? Don't know games some of you were watching if you think he's performed as well as he did against Liverpool all season.

Well he wasn't benched but he was certainly dropped from the front 3. To great affect.

Maybe he wasn't do as well further up as Poch had hoped? Don't know games some of you were watching if you think he's performed as well as he did against Liverpool all season.
Didn't say perform well - said ok which I felt like he had. Wasn't his best but in my opinion not enough to be dropped from the starting 11.

Didn't say perform well - said ok which I felt like he had. Wasn't his best but in my opinion not enough to be dropped from the starting 11.

I think people are way too sensitive about a player starting on the bench. Its not 1995.

You only have to look at our last three games to see how much we are rotating and using the squad. Dele sitting part of a game out isnt some kind of punishment. If a player is underperforming I dont have a problem with rotating them.

We didnt, and he has picked it up, so the right decision was made to keep playing him, but personally, Dortmund, Apoel and Madrid is more than enough evidence for me that we can play brilliantly with our without Dele.

I thought that was a good thing.

Bit rich coming from him.
His attitude the whole game against the spammers stunk.

Am hoping that slating by Ashley Young gets a bit of fire in him and makes him realise his career has only just begun with us. The hard work starts all over again for him now and I think he'll pull a blinder and hit a hot patch sooner rather than later because of it.

Get off to adverts, focus on the training pitch and make the best of a very short lived career Del Boy

Back
Top Bottom