Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally dont think Dele has been as bad this season as some suggest, but he was woeful yesterday and I agree totally with Emperor above he definitely has to harden up, for someone with such an attitude he does tend to bottle every 50-50 ball/challenge that comes his way and he was totally uninterested in making a challenge yesterday.

So when I said Dele wasn't playing well, and 349 people responded with rabid fury, that was ok? But debating my opinion back to them wasn't?

Ok. Well I'm glad you all agreed that Dele was poor at the beginning of the season. Next time just click agree, instead of writing posts that actually disagree with what I said.

:dembelewtf:

"Rabid Fury"???

:dembelewtf:

...What was that you were saying about hyperbole earlier?

I personally dont think Dele has been as bad this season as some suggest, but he was woeful yesterday and I agree totally with Emperor above he definitely has to harden up, for someone with such an attitude he does tend to bottle every 50-50 ball/challenge that comes his way and he was totally uninterested in making a challenge yesterday.

Tis curious when you consider the tenacity he showed when he scored against France.

In a very strange way, a not-so-good season at his age may actually not be bad for his development (and may keep him with us longer). I know it's not great for us short term, but you know what I mean.

I couldn't give a toss.

You can all congratulate Dele on his stunning performance yesterday if that's what floats your boat.

I mean, Dele, poor?

What???!!! He's young!!!! Remember last season and the one before??!!!
How could he be poor this season?

:goonermong:

Yeh he was shit against RM wasn’t he?

:pochfacepalm:

Other than Woolwich when most were poor he has been decent to above average as his number actually corroborate that

He's one of our best players, biggest goal threats and should start every game when fit - he won't be benched
I don't care to be honest

This place is seriously RAWK its cringeworthy.

Dele has been brilliant. He's worth 400M.
He would start every week for Real ahead of Modric and Ronaldo. He has played to his normal high standard the whole season and is tearing teams apart. He should never be benched. Ever. Spurs can no way improve because we have injuries and it's nothing to do with anything else. Without injuries we will win the PL and CL double because it's our year. Don't worry about all the players we are wanking over in the transfer thread, because were the best and nothing needs improving.
Am I a good boy now??????

Tell you what, it's a shame that objectivity and disagreement is still instantly met with hostility here.

Ok apparently the old Sammy is back. Well bye then

And you know what, it's not a melt down. It's just a shame, as I like posting here. But writing on here has no actual bearing on my life unlike some of you. See I can go away whenever I want.....you can't, that's why it's always a "Case can you close my account" speech and a multi pops up, cretins.

:dembelefingers:

To the rest of you, you know who you are, cheers and have a good one. It was fun while it was allowed to last.

He would start every week for Real ahead of Modric and Ronaldo. He has played to his normal high standard the whole season and is tearing teams apart. He should never be benched. Ever. Spurs can no way improve because we have injuries and it's nothing to do with anything else. Without injuries we will win the PL and CL double because it's our year. Don't worry about all the players we are wanking over in the transfer thread, because were the best and nothing needs improving.

Tell you what, it's a shame that objectivity and disagreement is still instantly met with hostility here.

And you know what, it's not a melt down. It's just a shame, as I like posting here. But writing on here has no actual bearing on my life unlike some of you. See I can go away whenever I want.....you can't, that's why it's always a "Case can you close my account" speech and a multi pops up, cretins.

To the rest of you, you know who you are, cheers and have a good one. It was fun while it was allowed to last.
How was a being hostile, mate?

Last edited:

If it’s RAWKish it’s because of posts like yours. An inability to accept defeat. Yes. An over the top reaction to a defeat, yes. A willingness to slate individual players, yes. Blame the manager, yes. A mind fucked confusion of what our priorities are, yes. You’ve gotta realise it mate, but you are a fair weather supporter these days. You’ve been away too long - you’re out of touch. Going to a few games in the 90’s can only carry you so far. You’re a TV watcher Sammy - like millions.

If it’s RAWKish it’s because of posts like yours. An inability to accept defeat. Yes. An over the top reaction to a defeat, yes. A willingness to slate individual players, yes. Blame the manager, yes. A mind fucked confusion of what our priorities are, yes. You’ve gotta realise it mate, but you are a fair weather supporter these days. You’ve been away too long - you’re out of touch. Going to a few games in the 90’s can only carry you so far. You’re a TV watcher Sammy - like millions.

Bye Joe, always liked you

Can you name the other games he played as well as he did v Real and Liverpool this season

You’re sounding like one of those negative melts who constantly bitch and whine about Sissoko

You’re better than that so get a grip

Yes I’ve been a miserable old fucker ever since
(No change there)
Ruined my weekend especially after Friday night where I went with Mrs B to see a show which started out at The Edinburgh fringe called The Thinking Drinkers which was hilarious and I got dragged out on the stage to have the piss taken out of me but all good fun!
It’s on a Nationwide tour now and strongly recommend it if it comes near you
Admission includes 5 free drinks!
Good stuff too including Talisker, good French gin etc

Just heard he’s the second most dispossessed player in the premier league.

Jordan Ayew is top, then Dele, then Andros Townsend.

Three risk taking players in the top three so no huge surprise. However it was also pointed out that the other two attempt more dribbles than anyone else, but Dele is t in the top 30 for that. Just not working out for him so far this season.
Only real way to see if that stat says anything is by making a comparison to last years and the year before that (against his own numbers).

There's no point turning on each other as ultimately it's a game of football at the end of the day. My coping mechanism these days is to completely detach myself from football or any other results until the next game comes around. Luckily, it's not something I have to do too often these days, I couldn't even tell you the other results from the weekend, it simply doesn't matter to me after we've played.

It is completely frustrating when people refuse to acknowledge performances which aren't good enough from some players, and berate others because they don't agree with their opinion. Disagree by all means, I don't have an issue about someone having a different opinion to me. It does frustrate me people don't see the same, and I do wonder what they are watching sometimes, but I don't hold it against them.

Yes we all have different opinions and there should be no problem with disagreeing with each other’s viewpoint
What happens with some though is that they just click disagree without explanation or get personal hence some of the cunt offs you get
My problem is that I bite if I perceive someone is getting personal but I ain’t going to change now!

Big nose

Back
Top Bottom