Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strikes me as good coaching from Nuno to push Dele to evolve into something new as a player rather than just try to get him back to what he was. It has clearly engaged him in a way "be Dele again" didn't.

He's haphazard with the ball, I don't think that's ever going away, but it's a question of what can he add to balance that out, and he's really contributing by being a pest all over the pitch.

Not if he plays this position. That‘s not really the role. He will chip in with a few, particularly if he’s on penalties if Harry goes, but defensive duties will be more important. I think he’ll do well in this role.
I think he'll have to inevitably transition over to an attacking role when he starts gaining his confidence back

Real life footage of Igula Igula after Dele scored

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

There is a lot of good and some bad with Dele so far this season,

You cannot question his effort and commitment. He has shown he is fit and willing to do what the coach asks him, the second part especially is something that I would have had major questions about before the season so it is great to see.

However, his play in attack and with the ball has been poor and it is starting to look like it isn't an effort/indifference issue but a skill issue.

Obviously there is still time for him to show more in that respect and really a hardworking Dele is better than what we have had in the past but I think the hopes that we could get "peak Dele" back are starting to become clear that it isn't likely to happen.

Back
Top Bottom