Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate to say it, because he genuinely buckled down this offseason and looks very fit, but he just isn’t good enough and hasn’t been in 4 seasons.

He doesn’t have a position, he’s not creative, he can’t really pass, he dawdles on the ball, he runs a lot but isn't really particularly good defensively, he hasn’t scored with any consistency in years.

Numerous managers have tried to cater to him moving around the pitch and none of them have been rewarded. Don’t fall for the Mourinho narrative that he didn’t play him, because Jose put him back in the lineup after Poch benched him and then got fed up because he doesn’t do anything.

He just doesn’t add anything except jogging around a lot. Should have left two seasons ago and probably would have if anyone wanted him, but he just can’t be a first team regular anymore. He doesn’t do anything well.

He might be our Wilshere. Very sad indeed.
Wilshere’s career was ruined by injuries, Dele’s downfall is even more perplexing in that he’s never really had any serious injuries. His form just went to shit and never recovered.

I can’t recall any player that showed so much promise and simply lost it all within a year. Mind boggling
Poch didn’t develop him to be a better all-round player (it’s one of the few things I will criticise him for). The 16-19 system hid his weaknesses quite well.

He’s lost nearly all of his athleticism and his lack of sharpness on the ball has been fully exposed.

I think it's clear he is a squad player at best right now, and not a player to bring off the bench to "change" things. Maybe just to replace someone in the last 10 while we're 2-0 up, since he at least has got his fitness back and covers ground to close out games.

I would have much preferred Lucas in his position today. Presses better, and creates chances with his daringness.

I think Nuno might have found a squad that can work and get 5th, with enough proper coaching in the final third.

Emerson-Romero-Dier/Sanchez-Regui

-------------------Hoj/Skipp
-------Lo Celso--------------Ndombele
----------------------Lucas
-------------Son--------------Kane

We're really not that far off. While we got pummeled, it was very much Dele being a shit defender in the box on the corner plus a lucky deflection. That led to a real dampening of spirits, which then the game got away from us.

Before that, it was a fairly even game. Against a team that looks likely to win the league, while we're still vying for 5th in truth.

I'm done with him.
He doesn't deserve to start.

Firstly pathetic pathetic marking for the corner. He's cost us that goal.

And then does he do anything actually useful on the pitch? No of course not. Gets dispossessed and gives the ball away . He's not good enough. He has to be dropped.

Dele is not a central midfielder, not agile enough and doesn't have a great range of passing.

He should join a mid-table side and play as number for them. He could be on the same level as Tim Cahill / Clint Dempsey.

Anyone got the running stats for this game? Just making my final evaluations of the players and need those most crucial numbers.

I'm done with him.
He doesn't deserve to start.

Firstly pathetic pathetic marking for the corner. He's cost us that goal.

And then does he do anything actually useful on the pitch? No of course not. Gets dispossessed and gives the ball away . He's not good enough. He has to be dropped.
And moved on in January

Pickford tackle + that big hamstring injury. Noticeably less dynamic after those.

He himself complained about his physical deterioration a couple of summers ago.... Saying "My body can't do what it used to"..... He was 23/24 at the time.

Alarm bells right there.

Back
Top Bottom