Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's finished.

I can't believe Levy gave him such a long contract.

I bet the bald idiot is crying. Alli's value has plummeted by about £100 million.
And he did it in Oct 2018 by which time there were some who already knew he was rubbish...and had said so on these very pages. Imagine if we had shipped him off to ManU for 100M that previous summer and utilized that money to actual buy Poch a player, ANY player that summer? We'd be pissing ourselves as he did his Donny van de Beek impression over there and we were still riding high. But now we're stuck with him until 2024.

And he did it in Oct 2018 by which time there were some who already knew he was rubbish...and had said so on these very pages. Imagine if we had shipped him off to ManU for 100M that previous summer and utilized that money to actual buy Poch a player, ANY player that summer? We'd be pissing ourselves as he did his Donny van de Beek impression over there and we were still riding high. But now we're stuck with him until 2024.

Those Manc tits also wanted Dier for 50m at one point as well. We had quite a few average players who worked well being carried by the system/better teammates that we never did the smart thing with and sold while the going was good.

Those Manc tits also wanted Dier for 50m at one point as well. We had quite a few average players who worked well being carried by the system/better teammates that we never did the smart thing with and sold while the going was good.
Yup, but the throngs of folks on this board are busy patting themselves on the back while screaming "we're a big club we don't sell our best players" LOL. System players should always be identified and moved on. Lumber some other team with a player without intrinsic quality and spend the money gained on actual talent.

Yup, but the throngs of folks on this board are busy patting themselves on the back while screaming "we're a big club we don't sell our best players" LOL. System players should always be identified and moved on. Lumber some other team with a player without intrinsic quality and spend the money gained on actual talent.

The most overachieving teams always manage to sell when the stock of their players are high. Look at Leicester with Chilwell and Maguire. Two decent Premier League players, but 130m ish? Thank you and good night.

If you have good scouts and analysts, you can always replace all but the truly top class talents. And even with the top ones it's worth selling if it allows you to bring in 2-3 good players. Masquerading as an elite team while lacking the capacity to build on it doesn't get you anywhere.

The most overachieving teams always manage to sell when the stock of their players are high. Look at Leicester with Chilwell and Maguire. Two decent Premier League players, but 130m ish? Thank you and good night.
So, so perfectly said.
If you have good scouts and analysts, you can always replace all but the truly top class talents. And even with the top ones it's worth selling if it allows you to bring in 2-3 good players. Masquerading as an elite team while lacking the capacity to build on it doesn't get you anywhere.
JFC you have only been here a short time but fucking hell you are rocketing up my list of posters. Now don't screw it up by taking shots at Benz again.:allitongue:

But yeah, I'm willing to sell any player at anytime as long as the deal allows you to improve. folks round here want to throw up all the stops they can by saying "I don't trust us to replace them properly". Welp, you miss all the shots you don't take. Disregarding the logical flaws in that bit of folksy sports wisdom it does make a point. You gotta take the chance to improve.

Even against Mura he was the worst player for either team.

Iron Man Reaction GIF

If you go look at Dele's goals, you will see that the majority come from him playing in a central striker role. Making runs behind defenders to pick up crosses and long balls.

He doesn't dribble past people and win with pace (Son)
He doesn't create space for himself and shoot from outside the box (Kane)

Alli's game is reliant on good passes into him - something we simply do not have without Eriksen.

Float a decent long ball into the box behind the CBs and there is no better player in our squad at getting the goal.

Alli is for sure out best 'Kane' backup at the moment and it may be good to see Nuno play him in a CF role in Europe.

In fairness, if I was boning Pep’s daughter I wouldn’t be thinking much about football
And therein lies the problem.
(How did that bald fraud cunt produce such a wonderful specimen of a daughter?)
Perhaps you're talking about this photo only? She's not that wonderful looking in other photos you can find on the inter web. Actually she shares plenty of facial resemblance to you know who.

If you go look at Dele's goals, you will see that the majority come from him playing in a central striker role. Making runs behind defenders to pick up crosses and long balls.

Alli's game is reliant on good passes into him - something we simply do not have without Eriksen.

Float a decent long ball into the box behind the CBs and there is no better player in our squad at getting the goal.

Alli is for sure out best 'Kane' backup at the moment and it may be good to see Nuno play him in a CF role in Europe.
In important games I'd rather have Son replace Kane as center forward and have one of our wingers slot in instead.

Dele simply isn't good enough as a center forward. We tried it at one point I think and he doesn't provide enough as a single striker.

In important games I'd rather have Son replace Kane as center forward and have one of our wingers slot in instead.

Dele simply isn't good enough as a center forward. We tried it at one point I think and he doesn't provide enough as a single striker.

Son needs somebody playing along side him who can make space and hold the ball up. Playing 3 wingers up top makes us easier to defend against. Dele can make a nuisance of himself and win fouls in dangerous positions.

Dele cannot play as a CF, we've seen that before. He cannot hold the ball up with his back to goal and just gets frustrated. He works best when he plays with a true CF ahead of him who will occupy defenders and leave spaces for him to make his runs.

I like Dele but his skill set is very specific. He is what the Germans call a raumdeuter (space finder) if you give him total freedom he can make runs dragging defenders, score goals and create assists but outside of this very clear role his limitations are too much.

He isn’t press resistant, he get bullied a bit, he often slows attacks down sitting on the ball and he isn’t very fast. Therefore he cannot run a midfield, he is purely a David Platt type player who supplements the team with goals and assists and that’s about it.

The old Poch system where he operated with freedom behind Kane was the best fit for him.

He needs the system to be fine tuned to suit his needs.

Thomas Muller (who I always saw as a similar player - none of this “midfielder” nonsense ) struggled from 2017-19 as Bayern tried to re-establish themselves post Pep.

Fuck yeah...I've always said it was GREAT thing to get the Saudis into the PL.

But seriously, he's now "27m-rated"...lol. Think about that for a second. The only way we get a whopping 27M is from big spenders with unlimited cash trying to make a splash. Yet we got folks round these parts trying to keep this kid at all costs FFS. Mental. I wonder if they are interested in Dier, Davies, Sessegnon...awwww fuckit, half our team.

Back
Top Bottom