Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele was such a huge part of the Spurs side that’s given me the most joy that I’ve really struggled to accept he’s done, but I just don’t see a way back for him with us. He’s produced almost nothing since, at the very kindest estimation, the 19/20 restart.

It's sad, but he's totally done. Certainly here anyway.

The young, fearless player Pochettino moulded into such a relentless 'fox in the box' style player is long, long gone.

A seperation is needed for both the player and club.

I know people are laughing at the Newcastle links, but I think it would be an absolutely ideal move for him to go there and be their initial 'poster boy' for their new era.

I don't believe he is "done."
He's not a wingback and he is effectively vying for Lucas' spot in the team and Lucas is currently in good form.
Whether or not it's at Spurs I predict he will have a few more good seasons at a very high level.

I wonder what dele is doing to pass the time in self isolation.

Video Games Reaction GIF

Absolute nonsense, he won YPOTY twice in his first 2 seasons - it's his own fault that his form fell off a cliff.
It’s a combination of too much too young & having his head turned by a glamorous lifestyle.
There was a time when he was one of the most exciting prospects in Europe.
Too busy with tattoos, fast women & his hair.
It’s a shame and I hope he can find that spark again.
The pity is that it’s seemingly more and more likely away from Spurs. A succession of managers can’t be wrong about him. It’s not like he’s not been given chances.
I think he needs to get away from Spurs as much as Spurs need to get away from him.
Sad. I liked his fire and shithousery. He’s a shadow of that player now

It’s a combination of too much too young & having his head turned by a glamorous lifestyle.
The pity is that it’s seemingly more and more likely away from Spurs. A succession of managers can’t be wrong about him. It’s not like he’s not been given chances.
I think he needs to get away from Spurs as much as Spurs need to get away from him.
Agreed.

Both parties need to move on at this point. We cannot rehab his career any more. That ship has sailed.

The worst part is spurs should have far more insight to his personality and habits and should have been able to tell this was coming far earlier than an outside club.

Could have sold him while he had value… sure its a risk but so is any decision in this business.

We are so scared of being labeled a selling club that we throw money down the drain… Even teams like man city has moved on players like sane.

Back
Top Bottom