Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great to see that he's back in training and getting fitter everyday. I did see that Poch said he may not even be in the squad against City - if that IS the case, it'd be great to rest him for that and have him start against West Ham in the cup game.

It's likely to be a real third string side against West Ham where we'll see the likes of Gazzaniga, KWP, Foyth, Skipp, Nkoudou, Llorente etc. so it would be nice to be able to sprinkle that team with a first teamer needing match fitness (Hopefully Wanyama is involved too)

Great to see that he's back in training and getting fitter everyday. I did see that Poch said he may not even be in the squad against City - if that IS the case, it'd be great to rest him for that and have him start against West Ham in the cup game.

It's likely to be a real third string side against West Ham where we'll see the likes of Gazzaniga, KWP, Foyth, Skipp, Nkoudou, Llorente etc. so it would be nice to be able to sprinkle that team with a first teamer needing match fitness (Hopefully Wanyama is involved too)
2nd string not 3rd.
The following is our squad excluding Rose & Verts who are injured. All the players you mention are there and I expect all to either play or be on the bench in one of the next 2 matches. However this is our 2nd string although many that will miss out against MC are first team players. Those on the bench on Monday will possibly start Wednesday although injuries will need to be taken into consideration including Dele being able to play a full match. I would not expect any other kids to be included and would not be totally surprised to see a CB play both matches as we are a bit short in that position. 22 outfield players and so not all will start and I expect only 1 of Skipp, Amos and N'koudou to get a start.
This fixture congestion is unfortunate and will probably lead to elimination from the competition.

Hugo Lloris
Michel Vorm

Paulo Gazzaniga
Toby Alderweireld
Davinson Sánchez
Eric Dier
Kieran Trippier
Juan Foyth
Serge Aurier
Ben Davies

Kyle Walker-Peters
Erik Lamela