Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough but of course I disagree with you and we need him playing in front of a back three or four to break up play and drive forward imv

Last year we needed that.

Now we have Lo Celso, who does pretty much everything a lot better than Sissoko.

Gio tackles, he is one of our best passers, and he's probably the 2nd best dribbler on the team behind Son.

Both of them need to play beside a holding midfielder who stays back and screens the back line. Neither are that type of player.

Last year we needed that.

Now we have Lo Celso, who does pretty much everything a lot better than Sissoko.

Gio tackles, he is one of our best passers, and he's probably the 2nd best dribbler on the team behind Son.

Both of them need to play beside a holding midfielder who stays back and screens the back line. Neither are that type of player.

No argument from me regarding GLC, one of our best recent signings, but I think Sissoko is a different player

Fair enough but of course I disagree with you and we need him playing in front of a back three or four to break up play and drive forward imv

You accept he's not actually a DM tho right?

I like (at times love) Sissoko but he's awkward to blend with others as a CM unless were playing a CM / DM / CM formation (similar to Winks in that respect).

You accept he's not actually a DM tho right?

I like (at times love) Sissoko but he's awkward to blend with others as a CM unless were playing a CM / DM / CM formation (similar to Winks in that respect).

What would you call him then?

Yes I agree he’s maybe not a DM but I think he’s at his best when breaking up opposition attacks and then driving forward
He doesn’t do this often enough but it certainly relieves pressure on our defence when he does
His covering of the FBs also goes unnoticed

I know he’s not a popular choice on here but he didn’t get voted Player of the year for nothing

What would you call him then?

Yes I agree he’s maybe not a DM but I think he’s at his best when breaking up opposition attacks and then driving forward
He doesn’t do this often enough but it certainly relieves pressure on our defence when he does
His covering of the FBs also goes unnoticed

I know he’s not a popular choice on here but he didn’t get voted Player of the year for nothing

What would I call him? Hard to say beyond being vague and saying a CM.

Not suggesting I want him gone - I too appreciate the qualities you mention; as I say just an awkward blend to accommodate..... To sadle him with the typical disciplinary concerns of a DM you lose the powerful, roaming workhorse factor, but you'd want more in possession if you're only going to play 1 x box to box.

Doing the leg work and protecting an old fashioned DLP like Pirlo would probably be the ideal job description.

Dele worked very hard last night against RBLeibzig, he tried his best to influence the game. Unfortunately, he is not good enough at the highest level IMO, meaningless flicks and missed a half chance, can't remember him challenging for a high ball or creating anything in the last third. He put a decent shift and much appreciated.
He won't leave this summer but must be prepared to spend more time on the bench when we have fully fit Kane, Son and Bergs.

Last edited:
take the mickey as much as you like, but Dele advertising the charity will probably get people donating.

Someone with 100 mars bars is pressuring somebody who has one mars bar to give theirs up. He didn't donate. He even says he did all he can to help.

Then again if you look at the Jack Grealish community support model perhaps he is doing a decent effort for a footballer :D

Someone with 100 mars bars is pressuring somebody who has one mars bar to give theirs up. He didn't donate. He even says he did all he can to help.

Then again if you look at the Jack Grealish community support model perhaps he is doing a decent effort for a footballer :D
Dele said he's supporting the charity, so assume he's either donating money or time. Damned if he advertises it, damned if he doesn't.

Ppl calling him out need a check.
Raising awareness for a charity I didn’t know about previously is what he is doing.
If you don’t know about it, how can you donate to it?
It’s likely he has donated, tbh it’s worse if he says he has and discloses the amount.
You don’t donate to a charity to get people’s validation.

Fuck sake, do you actually fucking believe yourself??

Back
Top Bottom