Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The neck back slapping is a bit childish but that's footballers for you, they used to do a lot worse before the internet as I understand it.

The neck back slapping is a bit childish but that's footballers for you, they used to do a lot worse before the internet as I understand it.
Love the spirit in the changeroom - all lads that get along

Anyone looking to bash Dele for this is a gooner cunt confirmed

......Hilarious/fascinating, I'm sure.:pochrolleyes:
Yes - to most people with a sense of humour under 50 years of age. It’s now all to clear you’ve never played any teams sports in your life - but at least don’t knock our players for some banter is laughable

Some proper ott reaction to this.

Was it childish? Yes
Do footballers (and groups of young lads in general) do this shit to mates for a laugh. Yes.

It's just dressing room banter which ideally shouldve just stayed there.

Move on

The neck back slapping is a bit childish but that's footballers for you, they used to do a lot worse before the internet

Was it childish? Yes
Do footballers (and groups of young lads in general) do this shit to mates for a laugh. Yes.

Move on
It's not the slapping. It's Deles entire demeanor. It's always been.

It's fine for a period, but it's five years going and part of why he's stagnated.

Was it childish? Yes

Move on
Airfixx Airfixx expects footballers to act like him at the age of 48, eating vegan sausages, cuppa before bed and be all serious

Dele is a lad!

It's not the slapping. It's Deles entire demeanor. It's always been.

It's fine for a period, but it's five years going and part of why he's stagnated.

Then criticise him for his attitude to training, performances on the pitch etc, not this specific non-incident.

He probably does need to grow up, yes, and needs to play better, but I'm not going to hound him over this absolute non-story.

None of us know what their personalities are like behind closed doors. It's childish to us but we haven't spent our whole lives being molly coddled by a system where everything is done for you.

None of us know what their personalities are like behind closed doors. It's childish to us but we haven't spent our whole lives being molly coddled by a system where everything is done for you.
I think it's less that and more his upbringing before pro football.
Then criticise him for his attitude to training, performances on the pitch etc, not this specific non-incident.

He probably does need to grow up, yes, and needs to play better, but I'm not going to hound him over this absolute non-story.
Haven't hounded him exactly. I would say there's an argument that growing up would serve him well. Off and on the pitch.
Doesn't mean he can't be a lad.

But as you could see in his meeting with mou in the doc, his petulance keeps him from taking advice to heart.

It seems terribly English to focus on his nastiness as his main asset rather than his technical ability.

His problem is that he isn’t technically proficient enough when jt comes to close control/dribbling (like Tanguy), doesn’t have the passing range or awareness (like Gio), nor the pace to terrify the opposition or run away from trailing defenders (like Son).

For a guy who plays in the number 10 role he is severely lacking in many important departments. His lack of technique often leads him to slowing down quick attacks or just outright losing it. His main strength was arriving in the box at the right time but that isn’t enough anymore.

If the nastiness was the only issue, he’d have been alright.
Its not nasty thats just journalistic licence. Its competative edge. Do you know the very long list of less than complete technically accomplished players that made it to the very top. He has already proved he has the tools so it really cannot be that. Played for his country etc. You can quibble about the exact name for his issues but most have long concluded its about attitude and application. Not sure it gets resolved at Spurs, but it can most certainly be honed, and he used as an elite functional footballer.

Oh and can I take a moment to subvert the thread and shift focus to the nasty Ginger Ninja that is J. Pickford. Pretty sure Alli never really recovered from the deliberate shoing he took from Pickford who has now done the same to VVD. I wonder if Virgil will have some scouse thread chart his decline in the year to come.

Back
Top Bottom