Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's been involved in 5 games at Everton so far, all as a substitute.
As long as he keeps inching his way to the minimum number of appearances for us to get a fee then I’m good.

The cheer last night was absolutely the right thing to do. It’s called thanking someone for their prior service and we do it in every profession even when guys are forced out long after they’ve stopped being productive.

Wouldn't be surprised if his career goes the way of someone like Wiltshire (sorry to say his name). Huge promise, couple of great seasons and then absolutely nothing and wastes away.
I think Dele is done at the top level, but comparing him to Wilshere is an insult. Dele did more in two seasons than Wilshere in his entire career.

Did you cheer Teddy? Or Berbatov?
I’ve given my view on Sheringham on his thread same goes for any of our players that do the same, point is how they go about it. Dele never said he wanted to leave and certainly didn’t bad mouth us, he has lost his way unfortunately went stale for what ever reason the time with us he was fantastic for the majority of it and great memories though not remembered as a club legend but certainly remembered…. and I for one hope he can get back to what he was and enjoys the rest of his career.

I’ve given my view on Sheringham on his thread same goes for any of our players that do the same, point is how they go about it. Dele never said he wanted to leave and certainly didn’t bad mouth us, he has lost his way unfortunately went stale for what ever reason the time with us he was fantastic for the majority of it and great memories though not remembered as a club legend but certainly remembered…. and I for one hope he can get back to what he was and enjoys the rest of his career.
Yeah I get all that and agree entirely, I’ll just never chant a song about an opposition player, it’s sentimental nonsense

She was pretty hot, but hmmm not sure so much now after the work she's had done. Why can't women just grow old gracefully
Ahem!! Some of us do!!

queen elizabeth work GIF

Showing your age their mate I’ve seen dozens of ex players, were you there when Campbell came back for the first time?

And were you cheering him?
Now that's a really daft comparison, RSol got the reception he truly deserved and still gets if he turns up anywhere near the ground.
We have a reputation of welcoming back most of our ex-players, if they have given us some good memories and didn't leave under a cloud.
I was pleased with the ovation Dele got, as we didn't get a chance to say 'goodbye' and it obviously meant a huge deal to him.
Maybe we are being a tad sentimental, but I'd rather that than be so hard-hearted that we can't acknowledge a returning player.

Now that's a really daft comparison, RSol got the reception he truly deserved and still gets if he turns up anywhere near the ground.
We have a reputation of welcoming back most of our ex-players, if they have given us some good memories and didn't leave under a cloud.
I was pleased with the ovation Dele got, as we didn't get a chance to say 'goodbye' and it obviously meant a huge deal to him.
Maybe we are being a tad sentimental, but I'd rather that than be so hard-hearted that we can't acknowledge a returning player.
Of course you’re right, comparing Dele and Campbell is apples and pears, I was just pointing out to a younger fan that the old ground could be a very hostile place. Of all the ex players that have returned I don’t remember a single one receiving a welcome like Dele.

He had two good seasons for us and I was a massive fan but he’s hardly a club legend. I’m simply observing the way the new fans in the ground look at football, it never used to be like that.

Of course you’re right, comparing Dele and Campbell is apples and pears, I was just pointing out to a younger fan that the old ground could be a very hostile place. Of all the ex players that have returned I don’t remember a single one receiving a welcome like Dele.

He had two good seasons for us and I was a massive fan but he’s hardly a club legend. I’m simply observing the way the new fans in the ground look at football, it never used to be like that.
Yes, I'll give you that. But I remember Pat Jennings getting a great reception when he came back with that lot down the road! (People realised that he didn't want to leave and his move was a two-fingers up at the board at the time). Aaron Lennon is another, in more recent times. Supporters react in a way that feels right for them, depending on the circumstances.
Anyway, I still think that Dele still pulls at the heartstrings of people, because of the player he was - maybe seeing him in tears at the end and getting hugs from Sonny, Eric and H moved people into thinking about what might have been. And it was Hugo who made him go to the South Stand to acknowledge our supporters.
I just love seeing players and ex-players feeling some of the love for the Club that we mere mortals feel, makes them seem a little less remote.

Yes, I'll give you that. But I remember Pat Jennings getting a great reception when he came back with that lot down the road! (People realised that he didn't want to leave and his move was a two-fingers up at the board at the time). Aaron Lennon is another, in more recent times. Supporters react in a way that feels right for them, depending on the circumstances.
Anyway, I still think that Dele still pulls at the heartstrings of people, because of the player he was - maybe seeing him in tears at the end and getting hugs from Sonny, Eric and H moved people into thinking about what might have been. And it was Hugo who made him go to the South Stand to acknowledge our supporters.
I just love seeing players and ex-players feeling some of the love for the Club that we mere mortals feel, makes them seem a little less remote.
Now Pat was a legend, if dele had shown the application of Lennon he would never have gone on such a decline.

Superbly put Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

The reception he got sums up the soppy mentality of our fan base, we whine that we don’t win anything and sing songs supporting the opposition.

I was Deles biggest fan but he’s gone ffs, less of the teary eyed nostalgia and more of a ruthless attitude please

Well done on yet again utterly humiliating yourself. Embarrassing.

Now Pat was a legend, if dele had shown the application of Lennon he would never have gone on such a decline.
You may be right on the second point. I just think it's sad that it turned out that way, and I think he now realises his folly in not fulfilling his potential. Having said that, I think that his part in the good times under Poch have given us some great memories, and I'll always have a soft spot for him, even though he may not be classed as a legend.

So basically your issue comes down to nothing other than your personal feeling towards Dele rather than fans having some lightweight attitude that is dragging the club down as you initially yelled..........

Blown a lot of hot air for nothing really; haven't you.

Unless a player has shat on us; I don't see why we shouldn't show warmth to them.... We've shared ups and downs together and in Dele's case some fantastic moments and memories.

Back
Top Bottom