Deloitte money league. Financial reports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who the fuck makes these presentations, they look like something you'd do in highschool.

The spammers being one of the 20 richest clubs on the planet makes me sick
Every Premier League club is in the top-40. It's the power of the TV money. We're like Serie A in the 1990s, when tiny clubs had stupid money to spend.

Who the fuck makes these presentations, they look like something you'd do in highschool.

The spammers being one of the 20 richest clubs on the planet makes me sick

But they are a massive 8 places behind us which is about right.. Them being that far behind kills them believe you me, especially as they consider themselves close to on par with us.
It also points to how pathetic their history is, in the top 20 richest clubs in the world and have won nothing for 36 years.

But they are a massive 8 places behind us which is about right.. Them being that far behind kills them believe you me, especially as they consider themselves close to on par with us.
It also points to how pathetic their history is, in the top 20 richest clubs in the world and have won nothing for 36 years.
i was planning on adding you to my initial comment but i reckoned that you have a bot installed that scans this site for the word Spam either way :)

But exactly what you just described makes me sick and i'm pretty sure loads of 3 th - 4 th place clubs in Europe must be looking at that list and thinking, Wet Spam 20 th wtf is wrong with this world

i was planning on adding you to my initial comment but i reckoned that you have a bot installed that scans this site for the word Spam either way :)

But exactly what you just described makes me sick and i'm pretty sure loads of 3 th - 4 th place clubs in Europe must be looking at that list and thinking, Wet Spam 20 th wtf is wrong with this world

I actually don't know how they work these out,

At the moment they own a stadium but they have sold it to move into a rented home with all the sales money being ploughed into the rental agreement. They have debt and they are selling season tickets for £99.??? how the hell can they be described as rich?
They will remain way behind us for many years to come if not forever..Those nomads will never overtake us in my lifetime that i'm certain.

They will remain way behind us for many years to come if not forever..Those nomads will never overtake us in my lifetime that i'm certain.
I dunno...they did just sign Sam Byram :pochsmirk:

:allitongue:

Cunts are all over Twitter delighted they beat Everton to his signature, like it's a huge coup and they're now going to win the World Cup (again).

This to me should be in the what's wrong with modern football thread. The only reason most of the EPL clubs are included in the top 20 is due to TV money and nothing to do with their on-the-field successes.

I dunno...they did just sign Sam Byram :pochsmirk:

:allitongue:

Cunts are all over Twitter delighted they beat Everton to his signature, like it's a huge coup and they're now going to win the World Cup (again).

TheY think it was because Byram thinks West Ham are better than Everton???? Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that he was born in Essex and all his family are Spam fans, or the fact that he was told he would get first team football at Spam where as at Everton he would be down the pecking order..
The smallest things please them Twats..mind you if my team had gone 36 years without winning anything I guess I'd be over excited at the signing of a championship player..

This to me should be in the what's wrong with modern football thread. The only reason most of the EPL clubs are included in the top 20 is due to TV money and nothing to do with their on-the-field successes.
I guess the plucky North London club, whose name is recorded in the annals of the sport is now in some ways a European powerhouse..... seeing Spurs sandwiched between Juve, Dortmund, Shalke and AC Milan is a world from that team who I grew up supporting, the one typifying what it meant to be mid-table.

I loved the idea of us as the underdogs, particularly in contrast to the lot down the road, it seems that's no longer the case.

In all though it does show what the power of marketing can do - look at the change from the 90s. Seeing PSG and Man City there is still a bit weird.

the latest one has just been published.

Can't remember 100% last year (can't be arsed to look either) but think we've dropped one place behind Juve, sure we were above them last year(??).

But the big news is that City are number one!! That's quite something considering the money that's generated by Barca, Real Madrid and Utd..............Even more amazing it's achieved with by a Club that has to advertise and actual pay money to people to be "fans"

FOXcdGIXMAU7e_I

Last edited:
I agree, it's a bit sad that Spam and Leicester are on that list above a club like Ajax who have won multiple European cups and produce players and coaches that defined generations.

The game used to be about glory achieved on the field not revenue generated off it but this is where we are now.

the latest one has just been published.

Can't remember 100% last year (can't be arsed to look either) but think we've dropped one place behind Juve, sure we were above them last year(??).

But the big news is that City are number one!! That's quite something considering the moment that's generated by Barca, Real Madrid and Utd..............Even more amazing it's achieved with by a Club that has to advertise and actual pay money to people to be "fans"

FOXcdGIXMAU7e_I

Amazing they aren't further ahead with their accounting principles.

I see the table without City, PSG & Chelsea on it. I just see the other teams, because of financial doping.

The bullshit massive sponsorship deals, etc.

I agree, it's a bit sad that Spam and Leicester are on that list above a club like Ajax who have won multiple European cups and produce players and coaches that defined generations.

The game used to be about glory achieved on the field not revenue generated off it but this is where we are now.
Growing up in the 90s Italy were dominant league, had the most money, bought all the top players and won most in Europe. Spain had a go and until recently the best players would be picked off by RM & Barca with Spain. Its the Premier league now where the money is and where the best players will want to play.

On the field success is inextricably linked with revenue. More so in the modern game where the gulfs are wider.
It doesn’t matter if Ajax have the 40th highest revenue in Europe. If they are number 1 in The Netherlands then they will have domestic success. Same for Celtic or Dinamo Zagreb.
West Ham can be 7th but if all the clubs above them are in the EPL then they will struggle to qualify for European competition regardless.
Of course, there are anomalies, well-run clubs can and do punch above their weight. There are also language and cultural reasons that some players have for migrating to clubs in particular counties which helps offset the absolute impact of revenue.
However, the top players tend to gravitate towards the richest clubs.

Back
Top Bottom