Dempsey

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think personally there is every chance we're going to lose Modric this summer. I think Dempsey would be a great signing! Not the same sort of player, granted, but i think he could fill the void.

Thoughts?

Éperons said:
We need shit players from good teams, dammit. :gio:
Or greatest pure striker under the age of 26.
%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FQmFsb3RlbGxpKzM2LmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-799161

He's not a Modric replacement, but he'd be a very useful squad member IMO.
Can cover three or four positions and has a good scoring record.

That said, he is 29 so not worth spending too much on.

WindyCOYS said:
He's not a Modric replacement, but he'd be a very useful squad member IMO.
Can cover three or four positions and has a good scoring record.

That said, he is 29 so not worth spending too much on.

We've been down that route before - what we need is an interchangeable squad of 15/16 outfield players, none of whom are inferior but instead can be properly rotated.

Thelonious said:
It'd be interesting to see how he'd (Balotelli) get on with Redknapp, could be similar to Di Canio at West Ham.
I am strangely tempted by the prospect, unlikely though it is, of Balotelli at Tottenham.
Just 'cause, you know, Spurs + mayhem.

If it ever came to pass I'd probably change my tune pretty quickly though.

I'm gonna take a guess and saying it'd be like having Gazza back mentality wise, seeing as I wasn't around when Gazza was I have no idea how accurate that could be. All I'm going on is the stories I have heard about him playing pranks and doing all round funny stuff. And cracking in some beautiful goals of course.

YidoBuckler said:
All I'm going on is the stories I have heard about him playing pranks and doing all round funny stuff.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa2NbkD94u4[/youtube]

But I don't think throwing darts at youngsters counts as funny shit.

Back
Top Bottom