Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have we failed to do the proper background/character checks again?

I can see this guy being the left back Kyle Walker - he has a very similar attacking approach with less crosses and more take ons then cut backs to players in the box. He will just need coaching in the position of LB, with no European football and a summer pre season he will have plenty of time to get accustomed to the role.

that's a problem the board should have considered before hiring Ange.
with a good pre-season he can learn how to play there, but the thing is: we have bought him for the qualities he showed in the 352 system.
the same for pedro porro
Udogie much more adaptable to lb in a four than Porro I think. Imagine the positions taken up by somebody like Ake for City this season.. not an up and down lb but holding a kind of inside left position and turning over lots of possession, keeping the ball ticking over, while the LW stays high and wide. For Celtic, Postecoglou had wingers very wide, with midfield players and full backs alternating narrower runs into the box. Udogie well suited to this I think. Watching his Celtic the last few days, there's going to need to be some changes to how he wants his team to play if Porro is to have a big role

Back
Top Bottom