Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Udogie seems must more suited to inverted LB than Porro to inverted RB from what people that watched him a lot have said.

Stats say he's very good defending 1v1 for a start.
By the videos I've watched on the tactics Ange sets up Porro could work as the inverted FB that gets forward more but also the wide forward as the description is that those players will stay wide to stretch the pitch.
Gil probably would be suited the the winger on the left also if he stickers to the setup.

By the videos I've watched on the tactics Ange sets up Porro could work as the inverted FB that gets forward more but also the wide forward as the description is that those players will stay wide to stretch the pitch.
Gil probably would be suited the the winger on the left also if he stickers to the setup.

I could see Porro as a wide right player banging in crosses and playing as the winger without the ball. Porro is also very aggressive in the press to get the ball back.

maybe even adds some natural balance to Postecoglou's all-out attack mentality.

No chance he does that both wings so Udogie probably needs to be the more advance inverted FB on the left. Probably need another LB to play the same role for depth too.

Question is the Spence. Reckon he's similar to Udogie in that he could also do the inverted FB role on the right.

I could see Porro as a wide right player banging in crosses and playing as the winger without the ball. Porro is also very aggressive in the press to get the ball back.

No chance he does that both wings so Udogie probably needs to be the more advance inverted FB on the left. Probably need another LB to play the same role for depth too.

Question is the Spence. Reckon he's similar to Udogie in that he could also do the inverted FB role on the right.
Can see him maybe not wanting Deki and maybe bring in an unknown or someone from Celtic as well.
Looking forward to seeing Destiny in a spurs shirt and Spence finally given a chance.
Need to sort out who else can back up the LB spot , maybe Reggie gets a chance.

Can see him maybe not wanting Deki and maybe bring in an unknown or someone from Celtic as well.
Looking forward to seeing Destiny in a spurs shirt and Spence finally given a chance.
Need to sort out who else can back up the LB spot , maybe Reggie gets a chance.

Reggie will be gone.

They def need a new LB.

Personally think Ange will love Kulu, he goes forward with the ball every time he touches it and can deliver evil from half-spaces. Reckon he will be the advanced #8.

Reggie will be gone.

They def need a new LB.

Personally think Ange will love Kulu, he goes forward with the ball every time he touches it and can deliver evil from half-spaces. Reckon he will be the advanced #8.
The key for Ange with regards to Kulu will be confidence IMO. Kulu seems to be the epitome of confidence player (a trait I deeply dislike...). He was flying with us when he first came in cos he left the pressure of underperforming at Juve, and quickly found his feet with that goal against City. His decision making was one of the best I've ever seen.

This season he became hesistant, you could see the indecision and lack of composure in everything he did.

The key for Ange with regards to Kulu will be confidence IMO. Kulu seems to be the epitome of confidence player (a trait I deeply dislike...). He was flying with us when he first came in cos he left the pressure of underperforming at Juve, and quickly found his feet with that goal against City. His decision making was one of the best I've ever seen.

This season he became hesistant, you could see the indecision and lack of composure in everything he did.

It goes for the entire team. I watched a lot of the high flying clips from Celtic last season. Is anyone really going to tell me those players are better footballers than who we have here? The way they play is a mentality and belief in themselves and what they're doing. That's something we haven't seen at Spurs at all last season.

It goes for the entire team. I watched a lot of the high flying clips from Celtic last season. Is anyone really going to tell me those players are better footballers than who we have here? The way they play is a mentality and belief in themselves and what they're doing. That's something we haven't seen at Spurs at all last season.
Agreed. Another thing is that our last three coaches all seemed entirely focused on the tactical side of things, i.e. formations, defensive structure etc. and paid no attention to improving the basic technical ability of our players.

Things like a good first touch, passing weight/accuracy/consistency, dribbling etc. need to be drilled for hours every day in training to be up to standard in this league. No one at this club has improved in these areas since Poch left. Bissouma seems to have regressed in that regard since joining us. Skipp is another who seemed to have a lot more technique playing for Norwich and England than for us.

We didn't pay enough for him.

If he'd been 40m much better
Yup... in THAT CASE I'm going there....

Balls out, fuck the haters...

He's gonna be the REAL DEAL!

20+ clean sheets 'cos of him!

BOOOOOM!
See you in 2024 motherfucking doubters!!!

THERE. I SAID IT!

Ban me Mo Salah-Fo's!!!!!

Fuck da Feds!!!

Yo Don gown ta hell Mo Fo's!

(Did I get the intonation right.... Did I??)

Agree with all that apart from Spence - seen nothing to suggest he has anything about him. Could be Conte clipped his wings, but seemed a bit one dimensional in the glimpses I saw

By all means give the board all the stick you want until they fix this mess but

if everybody is on board with going back to the policy of picking up talent before it peaks and developing to compete, motherfuckers like the one tweeting here need to fuck off.

Imagine going through the early clips of Dele or Bale before they arrived and picking out every mistake to rip into?

Some of them already started with Vicario.

Not every talent works out and they all make mistakes but if that's the policy, IMO fans are as important as the coach when it comes to understanding that this is the plan.

if everybody is on board with going back to the policy of picking up talent before it peaks and developing to compete, motherfuckers like the one tweeting here need to fuck off.

Imagine going through the early clips of Dele or Bale before they arrived and picking out every mistake to rip into?

Not every talent works out and they all make mistakes but if that's the policy, IMO fans are as important as the coach when it comes to understanding that this is the plan.

Fuck yes. 👏

You wouldn't need to check out early clips of Bale. Most of this fanbase ridiculed him and laughed at him for having a "winless streak" and something like 20 odd games without a win in a Spurs shirt or something stupid. Called him injury prone and too lightweight.

Smart bunch.

You wouldn't need to check out early clips of Bale. Most of this fanbase ridiculed him and laughed at him for having a "winless streak" and something like 20 odd games without a win in a Spurs shirt or something stupid. Called him injury prone and too lightweight.

Smart bunch.
Spurs fans are frighteningly thick. It's an error it's got zero yo do with being pressed either . He simply failed to look up and can easily be taught to just clear under similar circumstances. He busts a gut to get back then possibly his one footedness comes into play. It's an error....never seem Davis Persic Sess Spence Dier Lenglet do one of them

🤨

Back
Top Bottom