Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fuck me he’s proved me wrong, I thought he would take a while to get used to this league and would struggle defensively as a fullback based on what I saw at Udinese but wow. He’s arguably one of the best in the league in his position if not the best. He seems to be ice cold under pressure
He's not sylistically very different, but just doing everything to a higher level.

He was fucking immense yesterday...

That's all I have to say.
He was, I also thought Porro had a really good game.

It's funny how the prevailing wisdom in the summer was that neither would suit the new way of playing, that both were "Conte players" for want of a better description.

That's proved to have been completely wrong, both have done us proud.

Thought he had kind of an off game until the late stage… and he made one of the most important plays of the game with his late interception.

Says a lot that he can have an off game and still be a key contributor.

Bentancur is injured for so long time…and i still can’t decide who is my next fav player of this team - udogie or vicario :D absolute baller this guy is, even if not that active as usual - still made impact in crucial moment. You just cannot try to collect ball safely when he is on your back
Yep and some of us experts called that as BS. He can play anywhere. I'd be careful on going too early on Pedro he can be got at and teams will adjust to do just this.

Yours Sincerely
an Expert

Its telling of how good he has been that people think (with these stats) he had an off game. He was exceptional again yesterday as was Mickey VV
To be fair, I would expect that everyone’s surface stats from yesterday look pretty damn good given the amount of possession we enjoyed and where we had the ball.
All it can take is one mistimed or missed important tackle to skew perception in the eyes of the observer. Having said that, as I noted earlier, his performances have far exceeded my expectations so far. I was (very) concerned that we had signed an untested young player to fit a different scheme who would struggle yet be forced to be the least bad option given our other LB choices. So far, I’m happy to have been proven wrong.

Wonder if Saka will have the energy to chase him up and down all game.

Especially after champions league midweek

I suspect this early in the season he'll be ok.... They play him relentlessly every season; he usually just gasses out before the run in.

In some ways it'll be U-daawg's first major test though.

I suspect this early in the season he'll be ok.... They play him relentlessly every season; he usually just gasses out before the run in.

In some ways it'll be U-daawg's first major test though.
In England yes, toughest so far.

He will have had some decent RWs in Italy though.

Saka is a cut in merchant though, like Antony but you can’t afford to let him run inside because he can shoot.

Saka hasn’t played a LB like Destiny yet this season either.

He’s up against a box to box, inverted extrovert, bad boy, Dog hearted, stone cold, killer!

He was, I also thought Porro had a really good game.

It's funny how the prevailing wisdom in the summer was that neither would suit the new way of playing, that both were "Conte players" for want of a better description.

That's proved to have been completely wrong, both have done us proud.
And they would probably be shite under Conte

And the best thing is, he ain't the only one. Biss, VdV, Maddison, Cuti would all get in the team of the year so far.

There will be tough times for sure but we have deep foundations.

We've got 10 or so very good players at our club now, that makes a massive difference.

Romero, Udogie, Porro, Bentancur still to come, Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison, Hojbjerg, Sonny, Johnson, Kulusevski, Solomon, Richarlison are all capable of getting a goal... fantastic from where we were last season when I could count on one hand players that might get us out of trouble if Kane wasn't at it.

More goals in us as a collective than most teams out there.... a huge asset of ours as we move forward now.

Still got Rodrigo, Gio and Veliz to get minutes to come, very exciting times with a young and vibrant nucleus

Udogie VS Saka is a match up we're going to see many times in the coming years. Hope Udogie puts him firmly in his place and makes Saka dread the next time they come up against eachother. I reckon we will see Saka's little face poking out from the top of Destiny's pocket pleading to be let out inside the first 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom