Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Destined for greatness, a player who eventually could win titles and Champions Leagues based on his talent and mentality.

Very rarely you'll see an U21 full-back this mature and composed. Has a lot to offer in the final third as well.

He is very composed . Strikes me as someone who doesn’t get too up or down. I think he’s been brilliant so far.
There was a moment (it maybe what the poster is referring to about merely pumping his fist),well if it is then there was even more to it. We scored he got back in position and Postecoglou walked to the touch line they made eye contact and Udogie just nods his head at the gaffer. It's like he tells Ange yeah I'm set, we are not getting caught. It was very adult and what real leadership looks like, taking responsibility in the moment for what's to come. Its not as showy as pointing, tattoos and shouting but it was hugely impressive.

He's an absolute joke.

I can't get my head around the defensive upgrade:

Lloris
Romero -- Dier -- Lenglet
Emerson ------------------- Davies

Vs

Vicario
Porro -- Romero -- VDV -- Udogie
It's almost surreal now that we had to watch so many games with that first lineup.

He's an absolute joke.

Lloris

Vs

Vicario
It's almost surreal now that we had to watch so many games with that first lineup.
The scary thing about line up number one...Emerson was the best player Lol🤣🤣 In hindsight its obvious how much Romero hated Cunte. Looks reborn.

Udogie had a 100% final third pass accuracy with a 93% pass accuracy across the whole pitch, while winning possession 14 times, coming out on top in eight of his 10 duels and making five tackles and three clearances.

This kid is insane.

All this talk about selling him reminds me of when we were all nervous about Real Madrid activating the Reguilon buyback clause. Like, hold your horses.
It also reminds me of when we were linked with Kompany for about 5 minutes. People here were worried that he would be so amazing for us that City would come and get him.

Only we can go from being worried about our long term future as a club to then worrying about how great we will be.

He's an absolute joke.

Lloris

Vs

Vicario
We were asking managers to get us top 4 with that crap? Maybe we were a bit harsh on Parmesan Pulis?

Fuck no.

At this point you can legitimately argue that the £25mil for Sessegnon, the £30mil for Reguilon and Perisic’s signing-on fee was all worth it to get this guy.

He is looking not just great, but generational for the position. Touchline, inverted, combinations under pressure, dribbling, cut backs, he has it all.

If we bought him for £70mil and he played like this, we’d all still be happy, right?

The way he’s adapted immediately is unreal. I had high hopes but also thought he would have his share of bozo moments. But he has made that left flank his own , like not even senior pros get the balance correct.

great football brain already at 20, reads the game well, hes anticipating , knows when to dribble and knows when to pass, technique is very good. he physically looks like a man, youre not watching him thinking hes a kid like you do with a lot of young footballers....or even just some footballers in general!

this is a great bit of recruitment and mitigates shit like sanchez and ndombele.

At this point you can legitimately argue that the £25mil for Sessegnon, the £30mil for Reguilon and Perisic’s signing-on fee was all worth it to get this guy.

He is looking not just great, but generational for the position. Touchline, inverted, combinations under pressure, dribbling, cut backs, he has it all.

If we bought him for £70mil and he played like this, we’d all still be happy, right?

The way he’s adapted immediately is unreal. I had high hopes but also thought he would have his share of bozo moments. But he has made that left flank his own , like not even senior pros get the balance correct.
He (and several others in this squad) absolutely shatters the myth than age, experience and outward confidence (the kind Dier and PEH have) is necessary for leadership.

This kid has true confidence that comes with actual ability. He looked so effortless, he doesn't need some clogger shouting at him.

Udogie is 20 yo and we paid £15m for him.
He has been sensational so far.
Can't wait to see him against the Goons.
100% demonstrates that we don’t need to spend stupid sums to obtain quality if our scouting is on point.

Numerous posts that our net spend is poor compared to others, but when we’re buying smart as we have in Destiny, Vicario, VDV, Biss, Bents etc. it’s an absolutely pointless metric.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom