Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nope
for not having the strength of character to suffer adversity without falling apart at the seams and lashing out at everything and everybody.

we all know what the problem is, and Levy needs to sort it out before cancer takes root.

We just got battered by a third rate team in a game where we just needed ONE goal.
How dare you criticise us for being irate and dishing out some much deserved abuse.

Fuck off

I don't post much but need to get this off my chest.

I think the biggest fuck up in recent times was when dembele was sold half way through the season, he was key and a massive reason we both made it to, and failed to show up in the champions league final. This is when there was no denying Levy's balance sheet over football mentality. We'd seen it before under his failure to back redknapp but this cemented it.

Fair enough football is a business and we have a great training facility, one of the best stadiums in the world and a fancy Nike sponsor but it's just an embarrassment of riches at the moment.

The happiest I've ever been with spurs was under redknapp, bonkers score lines. We'd concede three but score five. Thrilling stuff. Amazing nights in the pub. When it looked like he was just about to kill it, he got skanked in the transfer market by levy. The proudest I've ever been was under pochettino, he did so much and so quickly and with so much class and affection. His remit was to get us into the champions League in five years time. He did it five out of five. Levy then skanked him in the transfer market. Then along comes Jose who despite his record, everyone can see a mile off he's both devisive and usually short-lived with embarrassing fallout at the end but there's levy chucking millions at him like he's in a strip club.

I love this club. I've supported spurs since the early nineties when I got in to football as my dad and brother are spurs fans. Apart from redknapp and poch eras, it's not been easy. Until poch it was usually one talisman in a bang average side. He crafted a team. Redknapp similar, despite very different methods: 'i just told him to get out there and run about a bit.'

We see to dare is to do everywhere but the fact is levy isn't about daring, glory or football. He came off like a snake in the documentary and it doesn't take long to research and find out he's only in football to make money.

I mean fine, you have Mike Ashley at Newcastle as an example of how bad things could be and in comparison levy ain't soooo bad.

However, I was a courier for ten years up until a few years ago so I know what it feels and looks like to work for a company with incompetant management that's always trying to pull your pants down while expecting the best out of you but really just looking to make a quick few quid. This is how Levy's reign at spurs feels.

Change my mind. PLEASE. I love this club and can't support anyone else. I just feel like it's history repeating again and again and I don't want to see it again. I've never been so close to giving up on 'modern football,' and supporting Leyton Orient or the hipsters on Hackney Marshes. I feel dirty typing that but didn't someone very clever say something like, 'idiocy is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? '

With football you never really know what's going on behind closed doors but I do have a pretty good idea what's like to bang my head against a brick wall.

I genuinely don't think I could take seeing Harry Kane in a Man United but at the same time I couldn't blame him.

*Insert arnie as terminator going into the lava giving it the thumbs up gif*

I'm a mess right now.

Edit for reality check: yes redknapp had his head turned by all the talk of the England job and Pochettino made a fucking huge mistake talking openly about leaving if he won the champions league before the final.

Last edited:
Sissoko making a decision to pass the ball

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom