Dirty Leeds! FA cup (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish I could have peaked...but alas...my Dempsey fandom is also grounded in reality and I know he is not meant to be up by himself.

Does anyone have the statistic for games lost when Dembele does not start?

I don't have statistics and can't be bothered to look but I'm pretty sure we haven't lost when he's started.

I thought it was a good call to rest him today. Huddlestone is just a shell of his former self unfortunately. It is incredibly sad to watch actually. Such an important player for the club at a point.

Back 4 were all dogshit.

We didnt take the competition seriously so we got what we deserved and are now out. If this isnt the wake up call to Levy that we need a number 9 and a number 10 then I dont know if he will ever get the message

The game confirmed a few things for me.......

Huddlestone has such poor mobility which is compounded further by his poor work-rate --> Time for him to move on elsewhere

Naughton looks out of his depth on too many occasions -->Not Spurs starting 11 quality

When AVB has two options for those big fixtures, Dawson or Caulker --> Dawson

Oh and i think we need a Striker. Slightly obvious of course

Do we make a change at half time, or carry on. It only needs something like McCormack to finish this game.
I said before half time that we could get raped by this guy, and we did. This is a game that we should of buried but didn't. This performance was reminiscent of games earlier in the season, plenty of possession and chances, but no end result. Leeds wanted it more and got it, fair play to them. Time to stop bitching about not having back up and quality up front, it's down to good old fashioned graft, something that we are lacking, I noticed that a few, so called world beaters, went missing today. Given the circumstances I thought Dempsey put in a good shift today and still got abuse, the guy can't win. I just hope this result does not trigger a knee jerk reaction in the transfer market, remember Rasiak. We have got a world class team here already, they just need to believe, and in some cases, stop acting like prima donas.

I didnt even hurt much actually.Lets concentrate on the league now.
Yeah, I have to say that I feel the same.

I know people say that trophies are better than fourth. But statistics show that if you become a CL regular then there is a much greater likelihood that you will compete more strongly in the cups. Something like 85% of the FA Cups won since the CL started have been won by top four sides. I'd rather be patient, work on becoming that and then celebrate when we are strong enough that days like today are occurances that happen only once every five years or so.

Plus, we still have the EL.

Much rather have what we have than be a team like Newcastle, who might have a good cup or league run once in a while, but are otherwise engaged in shittness and mid-table/relegation fights.

Not sure if these have been posted yet but they are to good not to be posted again

562d84ccc99dc3f1576f4e2b48f11c73.gif

3f32497944dcf5e4a6854d99bfcb6da6.gif

I'm going for it :bentley: my first match thread and maybe my last one if it's not a successful trip! I felt it was my duty being a Leeds boy, the one and only; F U Bains :baletroll:.

Look at this for proper fulfilment: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/fo...-v-leeds-united-match-history-1924-2013.4530/.

My first ever game was Leeds away, we lost 2-1, the next season was a draw and then we finally beat them in the season they went down. I'm confident about Sunday, there shouldn't be too many problems I don't think, they're not on the best of form and we go there after United. I want Townsend to play and shit all over them- he's not liked round here.

Atmosphere should be quality after that last result, we're taking 3000 yids and I'm reliably informed there will be about 30,000 at Elland Road.
Apparently (i've never been) but 'The Drysalters' just outside the ground is the most suitable away pub, that's where i'll be heading.

Can't wait for this one, the countdown begins! :adegrin2:

Leeds will want this more than Rylans agent, they will be in our faces constantly & trying to shut us down. I hate seeing us face that kind of low ability oppo but if thats the way it is then fook it we need to deal with it.

AVB needs to get some 'de caprio'-inception shit going & outplay Warnock with level 5 football tactics whilst Warnock has only just woken up in level 2 & realised he is in the wrong level but has no idea how to get back to his comfortable level 1 that he is used to.

COYS

Gutted we are out, it's a small club mentality to say we can better focus on the league now. We normally get far in the FA cup and Leeds are not the sort of team we should be going out too.

I am hearing a lot about players that should or shouldn't have played but lets be honest the 11 that were out there are good enough, it's about the system rather than the personnel. Surprised we didn't see further changes.

I also don't think we were that bad, Leeds were pretty useless apart from the long pass they kept hitting past our high defensive line. It's a gap we should have plugged by either dropping a few yards or applying more pressure on the pass.

Obika had a great chance but the defender got the better of him, hitting that ball first time would have taken some skill. Dempsey was ok upfront, he got a goal and created a couple chances, worked the channels well too.

Perhaps a little controversial but I think Scott Parker is a weak point, for all his closing down and super runs through the middle the guy can barely pass. Too many times he gets in a decent position and just hasn't got the ability to play the final ball. Not saying he is a bad player but he can be the weak link in our attacking moves.

How many games has Lennon started this season? Relying on him too much, Bale has had a few games off due to injury/suspension but again every one wants a striker, a no10 but we need cover on the wing if Townsend is not considered good enough.

Back
Top Bottom