Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worth commenting that since the Notts Forest match, Spence came on against both Everyton and ManU - all 3 matches for only a couple of minutes each - but the key thing is that whatever happened against Notts Forest didn't stop Conte bringing him on in 2 later matches

You speculate he hasn't done enough to earn Conte's trust, other people speculate Conte has something against him personally and/or wasn't keen on the signing so is biased against him.

Both views = speculation.

Hardly the same thing or degree........ I'm content to assume there's nothing un-toward going on... I'm not the one lazily peddling theories and conspiracies of ulterior motices...... If I was that unsettled by all this; I'd watch some Spence matches and satisfy my curiosity rather than fill page after page with the aforementioned "hot air".

We’ve got nearly 100 pages on a guy that’s played a combined 7 minutes for us.

TFC

cheers GIF
A good place to start to understand why a new player isn't playing yet is to look at some of the online scouting websites. Not always accurate, but they often paint a picture.

Play like he did or didn't last Saturday.

Only that is how he has been playing for quite some time now.
Hardly a firs game where he shot in our all collective foot.

But he keeps getting starts despite being absolute shit.

If Woolwich would have such a shit player and I would have more time, I'd make compilations of his contributions after most games. It Halloween as well- his performances are horrific enough to scare kids.

the problem with this is it implies that emerson is (if thats contes thinking) and if emerson is then the bar is not very high is it? people tried saying before that although emerson is shite going forward, hes an ok defender. that second goal yesterday proves hes not even a defender full stop, hes gone with his foot when he should be going with his head, thats a natural instinct an actual defender would get right. so hes not a defender or an attacker...hes not a footballer fullstop.

spence must be getting shut out by conte due to attitude. if conte believes emerson is good enough to justify all these minutes then hes damaging his own credibility. spence must be like some dumb little street rat that conte cant stand. you must really detest someone personally to make yourself look like a fool and keep selecting a donkey like emerson.
I don’t think it’s his attitude. If it was I doubt he’d be anywhere near the first team.
I think Conte just didn’t rate him. It’s baffling but there u go. I have to accept that he knows more than me and he’s looking at Emerson thinking I’ll take him over Spence every time.

I have to accept that he knows more than me and he’s looking at Emerson thinking I’ll take him over Spence every time.
but hes been proved wrong, spence can not be any worse than emerson its literally fucking impossible. the bloke basically ruins the attacks by being so incompetent with a ball and hes not even a good defender so how can spence be any fucking worse?

it seems personal to me it cant be based on football. the highlights from spence against Woolwich are better than anything ive seen from emerson and thats just one game, so hes definitely not a better footballer

but hes been proved wrong, spence can not be any worse than emerson its literally fucking impossible. the bloke basically ruins the attacks by being so incompetent with a ball and hes not even a good defender so how can spence be any fucking worse?

it seems personal to me it cant be based on football. the highlights from spence against Woolwich are better than anything ive seen from emerson and thats just one game, so hes definitely not a better footballer

Conte might just be very much a principles man. If a player doesn’t or isn’t able to follow his exact positional instructions he doesn’t play them even if if costs games/points playing a much worse footballer or at least worse RWB.

In the eyes of the manger, he can.

Current form has Emerson playing below his typical mediocre level, but he's not as bad as the most fevered posters in this thread paint him.

I'd love to see Spence get a proper run-out but Conte won't do that tonight.
Sometimes I think we'd be better playing with 10 men than have Emerson on the pitch though. At least we wouldn't waste the ball passing to him and someone would cover at right back. I'd go with Sess and Perisic today.

Back
Top Bottom