Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I rate this quote and if he gets his attitude sorted, he has alot of tools.

There must be some reason Ange isn't keen though. If it's just attitude then Spence can fix that. If it's about something technical or tactical understanding, maybe Ange isn't likely to show the patience if he's also had a shit attitude in the past.
From what I understand he isnt what people think. I think people tend to look a young black players and do a bit of binary thinking where it's 'good character '/ bad character. There's more to it with Spence I've been told. He is very much Gen Z and they are what we have made them. Introverted, tech dependent, emotionally brittle. And let's be honest overtly focused on their mental health above everything else. He's got talent but he lacks decipline both positionally and emotional. He's not some tough guy gangsta.. he's a bit of a Kevin the teenager. I've taught loads of modern kids like him...he will wake up late to what he's lost. But unless Ange really wants to carry him, it won't happen.

From what I understand he isnt what people think. I think people tend to look a young black players and do a bit of binary thinking where it's 'good character '/ bad character. There's more to it with Spence I've been told. He is very much Gen Z and they are what we have made them. Introverted, tech dependent, emotionally brittle. And let's be honest overtly focused on their mental health above everything else. He's got talent but he lacks decipline both positionally and emotional. He's not some tough guy gangsta.. he's a bit of a Kevin the teenager. I've taught loads of modern kids like him...he will wake up late to what he's lost. But unless Ange really wants to carry him, it won't happen.

This take makes a lot of sense to me and fans will always be quick to associate attitude issues with what they understood as a kid. When we were young most of us were over cocky and obnoxious dicks. If there wasn't strong enough leadership or we decided the leadership wasn't strong enough, we'd have dickhead attitudes. Then most of us come up against a bigger dickhead at some point and life teaches you.

There is an issue with that new type of kid that isn't really cut out for elite sport. Nobody needs to keep them in line, they almost need to be dragged out into testing the line.

Obviously, they are fine for normal life like the rest of the quirky, dysfunctional masses but when there is money and people's careers riding on it, nobody has time to wait for him to figure it out. There will be another young kid like Udogie, Sarr, Bergvall, Donley or whoever, that does have the character for it and they won't give a fuck if the other kid they are competing with has been over-sheltered or under-exposed to reality.

Genoa were losing 2-0 at HT. Djed came one at HT and Genoa "won" the second half 2-1.
FT 2-3.
Played well when he came but it was so noticeable that it was on to get him on the ball and get at his opponent but his teammates would turn out and go out the right hand side. It was frustrating the life out of me. He looked fit and sharp.

Played well when he came but it was so noticeable that it was on to get him on the ball and get at his opponent but his teammates would turn out and go out the right hand side. It was frustrating the life out of me. He looked fit and sharp.

.........They were avoiding passing to him?

Ex-Tottenham employee Bryan King believes that Djed Spence has no future in North London and should “start looking for another club.”

Speaking exclusively to Tottenham News, King said:

“If I was Spence I would start looking for another club.
“I don’t think he has a future at Tottenham. He says that he wants to play, but of course, he will say that. He is going to have to do something very special at Genoa to catch Ange Postecoglou’s eye.

“If he doesn’t, then he will just become another Spurs player on loan. It has never worked out for him since he moved to North London, but the writing is on the wall.

“As good of a contract as I am sure he has at Tottenham if he wants to get back to playing I would suggest that he moves on.”

.........They were avoiding passing to him?
No but it’s sometimes the way we were when Sess played when the obvious pass was on but never played it to him. That’s a lack of trust in that player or a team is just stronger on the other side. Maybe I was seeing something that wasn’t there though.
Spence looked in the mood and Genoa had the beating of them on the left side. You could see Spence get frustrated on a couple on a few occasions because he never got it.

Back
Top Bottom