Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wine in France is EXTREMELY good value for money. In the centre of Paris it’s 8-12 euros for a really great bottle of wine.

In my experience that’s £10-15 to find the same quality in London and with less choice.
I heard France subsidizes its local wine market to make its own wines cheaper, internally to its own people. Is that true?

Very different. Real meat, instead of the processed shit you get in the States. And a size that you can actually take a bite out of.
Agree- our food for the most part is terrible. If it wasn't for Mexico we'd be totally fucked.

One of the most terrifying things I can think of is the inside of a cheap american hot dog or chicken nugget!

Think we're about to see how good of a football IQ Spence has.

The physical tools are there.

Conte is going to drill him so he knows where he should be and what he should be doing at every point of the games.

Can he put it all together?
Mate, if the cerebral powerhouse that is Walker can do it for Pep, I'm sure Spence won't be having any issues.

Swap “civilised” for “arrogant” and that’s about right.
In fairness, it's only really in Paris that you find this arrogance in my experience.

Virtually all of the French that I have met from outside of that City have been extremely friendly people.

For Cheese eating surrender monkeys that is... 🤣

Sit in the 400 year old Place des Vosges with a fresh baguette, some world class cheese and a cup of rosé listening to the sounds of the water features gushing and the children playing… and tell me otherwise.

Interested in this crime index though. Link? Completely implausible that France is second on any reasonable measure of crime.
Popeye Doyle, Inspector Clousseau and Hercule Poirot would all disagree...

Bit of a nob head concession to make. Would rather our new signing didn’t see shit like that.
I like it. It sounds like man-management to me. Spence clearly thinks a lot of himself, like Dele. Getting his head down and grafting is the first major task for Conte. Showing him he isn't going to walk into the first team is good management and also keeps up the good work of the existing players.

I heard France subsidizes its local wine market to make its own wines cheaper, internally to its own people. Is that true?
I don’t really know about subsidies… it would t surprise me … I do know that french and EU regulation is extremely strict. For example France lobbies the EU to limit EU wide production of wine. It’s extremely protectionist.

The counterpoint is that the french wine industry is set up to produce quality rather than quantity. Each region has strict rules about how wine is produced to ensure (or encourage) quality and whether it’s right or wrong, it’s successful.
In fairness, it's only really in Paris that you find this arrogance in my experience.

Virtually all of the French that I have met from outside of that City have been extremely friendly people.

For Cheese eating surrender monkeys that is... 🤣
being serious for a minute,.. i dont see Parisians as being rude. But I do think there is less of a customer service veneer. The US is the other extreme where there is a strong customer service veneer. U.K. in between. On the other hand there is a sense of customer service expertise in France that isn’t so strong in the anglosphere… you’re just a low paid worker. Hard to create generalisations but that’s what we’re doing here I guess.

Once Conte gets into this kids head, he will be fucking electric. Really looking forward to him growing into a fucking monster. Look into this kids eyes, he has bite

If Conte didn't want him he would of said "No" and the player wouldn't have been signed.

"Fait accompli" ????????
The negotiations have been going on for months. I'm sure Conte might of heard a whisper or two about it before the deal was done.
I don't normally say bout it .. but Tbh I'm fed up with not sayin and gettin stick. You'll have to excuse my spellings at times...I've a mild case of dyslexicia ( diagnosed ) predictive text is generally great for me.. but if I take my eye of the ball, so to speak it's not . The really strange part is I can look at a spelling a dozen times and not see its wrong , drives me absolutely in fucking sane...

I don't normally say bout it .. but Tbh I'm fed up with not sayin and gettin stick. You'll have to excuse my spellings at times...I've a mild case of dyslexicia ( diagnosed ) predictive text is generally great for me.. but if I take my eye of the ball, so to speak it's not . The really strange part is I can look at a spelling a dozen times and not see its wrong , drives me absolutely in fucking sane...
Don't worry about it. I'd rather hear what you have to say, no matter how poorly grammatically written. The people that care about your grammar on a chat forum are very limited and trying to compensate.

It wasn't your spelling I was questioning it was statement that it was a fair accompli.

That implies that Conte new nothing about the transfer until after the transfer was completed.
This is patently not the case.

Back
Top Bottom