Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He would already be playing if the manager thought he was the best option. He's obviously not at the level Conte wants. Which is what counts not what you or the other armchair nobodies on here think.
Yes ofcourse, managers always choose the best XI unhindered by personal biases or comfort zones.

Even a blind man can see that Conte could do better with the squad that has exponentially increased in quality of options Vs last season. Which is what counts not you and other Conte worshipping nobodies who thinks "Conte/God works in mysterious ways" every time he plays the same XI against every opponent and gets exposed tactically

you can really tell conte never wanted him, cant even get in over emerson

fucking hell i woould take anyone on this forum over emerson
I´ll do it!

Teeth Weirdo GIF

I don’t know why people are so puzzled by his absence. Probably the same people who were hyping up Rodon.

The Championship is not the PL. When Spence is ready to play, he will play. Conte warned as soon as he signed that Spence needed time and was a player for the future.

I don’t know why people are so puzzled by his absence. Probably the same people who were hyping up Rodon.

The Championship is not the PL. When Spence is ready to play, he will play. Conte warned as soon as he signed that Spence needed time and was a player for the future.
Expecting him to start is definitely hopeful.

But I do expect him to get on as a sub when we can afford it. We need to be a club that can develop players as we can’t always buy finished products like the plastic clubs.

Expecting him to start is definitely hopeful.

But I do expect him to get on as a sub when we can afford it. We need to be a club that can develop players as we can’t always buy finished products like the plastic clubs.

We are 1.5 months into the season and Spence missed pre season. He needs more time.

He will get some chances in the Carabao and for now don’t expect much more.

De
Are you watching the alternatives going full three stooges? Maybe not. 'Good enough ' would be gravey...not absolutely sucking balls is where we are at.
Definitely not, but Spence has proved nothing at PL level.

Really, really hope he a) gets some games this year, and b) comes really good, but to say he's better (at this point) than Emerson, Doherty is just silly.
We honestly don't know how good,or not, he is.

What we do know is that Conte's rates him 5th choice right WB.

De

Definitely not, but Spence has proved nothing at PL level.

Really, really hope he a) gets some games this year, and b) comes really good, but to say he's better (at this point) than Emerson, Doherty is just silly.
We honestly don't know how good,or not, he is.

What we do know is that Conte's rates him 5th choice right WB.
Have you heard me say he is better than the players you named. That's always pretty subjective I'm saying the form of the players you name fully warrants starting Spence in a league match. Just like Son SHOULD have been dropped weeks ago.

Tha
Have you heard me say he is better than the players you named. That's always pretty subjective I'm saying the form of the players you name fully warrants starting Spence in a league match.
That's fair actually, I took you up wrong.

The only thing I'll say is repeat what I said before;

The ones who do know, i.e. the coaches and the manager see him every day in training, in practice matches etc.
They see his attitude, his ability, his application.
Rightly or wrongly they have decided that he is not good enough (yet) to start games.

In balance though I'd probably give him a go vs one of the minnows.

I think Spence WILL be the real deal one day, but clearly he's not ready yet (for whatever reason!)

... maybe Conte is waiting to unleash him on an unsuspecting PL in the 2nd half of the season!!!

Thing is I am quite happy to be proven wrong on my opinion that he won't be a first team player for a year.
In fact I'd be delighted for him to become our No 1 choice at WB.

It is definitely not "up in the air". He's not getting playing time so it is a fact at this moment in time.
Maybe that will change as the season goes on, but as it stands he's at least 3rd choice right WB, and may even be 4th if (a big if I know) Conte plays Perisic there in a crisis

Like I said, and you agreed with, we don't know, I don't know and you don't know how good, or not he is.

The ones who do know, i.e. the coaches and the manager see him every day in training, in practice matches etc.
They see his attitude, his ability, his application.
Rightly or wrongly they have decided that he is not good enough (yet) to start games.

You can of course say that they're wrong, and of course we can debate their choices, but they are the only ones who are in a position to judge him.

P.S. I don't believe Woolwich were seriously interested in him.
Yes, there were reports, but all just click bait headlines to whip up Spurs vs Woolwich arguments imo.
Not sure yday was absolute emergency to play perri at rwb?

Are you watching the alternatives going full three stooges? Maybe not. 'Good enough ' would be gravey...not absolutely sucking balls is where we are at.

Conte has probably forgotten more about football than anyone on this forum will ever know. He sees the alternatives day in day out and picks the best side, sure there is room for improvement in certain areas but the players that get minutes are the best we have

You have to wonder why both we bought him, and why his agents didn't push for a move to Forest/another loan.

At forest he'd have got a full season in the league (even if relegated) and if still in the radar then grab next season.

Back
Top Bottom