Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we'll first see Spence in cup matches, depending on the opposition.

I don't count that match when he came on for the last few moments as a late substitute.

That doesn't say Spence is a conte purchase, it says the club bought him because they think he suits his style of play. May or May not be on Conte's instruction.

I am surprised that some Spurs fans think that just because Conte refers to "the club" rather than himself when talking about Spence, it is interpreted that Conte did not want Spence and that Levy bought Spence against Conte's will. After all, it was the club and not Conte himself who invested in Spence

Conte said: “Spence is an investment of the club. The club wanted to do it.
“I said ‘OK, this player is young but he showed he can become a good, important player for us. The club decided to buy him.”

I am surprised that some Spurs fans think that just because Conte refers to "the club" rather than himself when talking about Spence, it is interpreted that Conte did not want Spence and that Levy bought Spence against Conte's will. After all, it was the club and not Conte himself who invested in Spence

“I said ‘OK, this player is young but he showed he can become a good, important player for us. The club decided to buy him.”
You posted a quote from Gold not Conte. This quote you have now included from conte shows he is onboard

Last edited:
You posted a quote from Gold not Conte. This quote you have now included from conte shows he is onboard
You find the same quote from Conte on this site, so no it was not an Ally Gold quote but from Conte himself...

Antonio Conte admits it wasn't his decision to sign Djed Spence

“I said ‘OK, this player is young but he showed he can become a good, important player for us’. The club decided to buy him.”

Last edited:
Next few weeks I desperately hope this lad can show he has it in him to be a starter this season.

Neither Doherty or Emerson are good enough to be a firm starter.. Doherty had a nice 4 game run last year but 80% of his play over the last 2 years hasn't been up to scratch. Tough game to come into today, but he did not look like a guy you want to be trusting going forward.

So... Emerson straight red- are we FINALLY going to see some of mf-ing DJED SPENCE yet?

I presume Woolwich put out a decent side when Spence ripped them IRL last year, right? They were still a Premier League team then, right?

Should be exciting to see what Conte does!

Spence should be playing now. If poch was here him, bissouma and gil would be starters. Add to that champagne football.

Poch who (from round about the time that Lucas arrived) stated that it takes 12-18 months to integrate a new player?

Last edited:
I always thought that was a big weakness of Pochettino. Let talent develop in actual games with their team mates.
That’s situational. If you have a conference level incumbent (Emerson), then absolutely put Spence in and allow him to grow. On the other hand.
Someone like Gill should be developing on the sidelines

He will almost certainly get some time in the next 3 PL games. No way does Doherty play 90 in all 3… and if Perisic switches to RWB again then Conte is missing an opportunity to help develop actual talent.

He will almost certainly get some time in the next 3 PL games. No way does Doherty play 90 in all 3… and if Perisic switches to RWB again then Conte is missing an opportunity to help develop actual talent.

you're right, but we all know that's what he'll do

Doherty, then if Doherty can't play it'll be Perisic

Back
Top Bottom