Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 33.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, but only just.

He's still young and can develop. He's been asked to play too much and put in a horrible tactical setup.

I think his ceiling is "decent reliable top half Premier League standard" but that's fine for a squad member. Swedish Chadli.

A good dozen other players to shift before him.

If still shit in a year or two, sell to Everton.

Last edited:
I just find it hard to truly judge alot of the players in this team until we get a competent coach who can work with actually getting the best out of the players we have.

Pre season will be fun.

Have you ever seen a winger who is not only slow, but also has no balance and is extremely 1 footed?

As of right now I send him back, but maybe if Mason plays a possession system then we will have to see how he plays these next 6 games

If it were up to me I’d replace him with Olise, or if were willing to spend a ton of money, then Moussa Diaby

There it is.

No it isn't. He's been crap for near enough an entire season. And was crap at his old club. Wedged in there you have a few months of good form in a team which was flying for a while. So no, a thread discussing whether we should pay out 30 million pounds for a player who looks ponderous & weak currently is not 'stupid' in the slightest. In fact it would be fucking stupid if the people behind the scenes weren't considering this very question.

Kid Chameleon Good thread, valid question. I've been on the fence actually till recently when the level of his performances dropped down even further. I'm still not entirely sure & would like to see him in the #10 role but as a winger I have serious doubts long term.
He's by far one of the least of our concerns. We can't sign 15 new players in a summer. It's ridiculous to think we'll let him go and then go out and try to sign 2 new players to replace both him and Moura in the squad.

This isn't FM or Fifa.

Porro is the one that worries me. If he doesn’t improve we may need to try and wriggle out of that one.
THAT is an obligation.

A big enough deal was not made of that negotiation.

The release clause was for 45M EUR. We tried to use Marcus Edwards' sell on clause as monopoly money to reduce the fee.

Levy wound up paying every penny of the release clause, pushed into the next year of accounts, PLUS gave them the discount on the Edwards sell-on clause anyway. Sporting called his bluff and he completely and totally caved.

Things have really, really changed, it's important to recognize that. We don't just win every negotiation through bluster anymore, "Levytime" ended years ago.

There are other players that need to be sold and replaced far more urgently than Kulu. Dier, Sanchez, Sessegnon, PEH, Lloris, Davies, Lenglet, Perisic for starters.

We need to focus our attention firstly to replacing the keeper and most of the back 4 and adding squad depth in that space.

Kulu's form while concerning is waaaay down that list of priorities.

Stupid fucking thread. Spurs issue is always not having a good squad with depth. Kulu is absolutely a fantastic player who can be a valuable member of this squad.

Should he be nailed on on the teamsheet? Of course not. Of the players we currently have, that's only Kane on merit. Romero because no matter what he's always one of the best 2/3 CBs because everyone else is shit.

But the idea that we should get rid of Kulu is absurd. Sign some competition for fucks sake, but keep Kulu or we're right back where we fucking started.
Bringing back Dele vibes...

borderline world class
Deuterz Deuterz ...and it is with things like this that the term W O R L D C L A S S (tm) loses any perceived value. It's just too easy to toss around...if only it were more phonetically cumbersome...

He's by far one of the least of our concerns. We can't sign 15 new players in a summer. It's ridiculous to think we'll let him go and then go out and try to sign 2 new players to replace both him and Moura in the squad.

This isn't FM or Fifa.

He's currently one of the worst performing players in the entire team. Against Newcastle it was absolutely shocking how terrible he was.

We do not own this player. It's not a case of selling him, its a case of do we pay up a good fee for a player who has been straight up terrible for 8/9 months. Your logic is 'he's here already so we have to do it' and frankly I don't find it very convincing.

Obviously the situation isn't ideal but that shouldn't prompt us to panic buy to keep players here, or we'd be doing the same with Danjuma and Lenglet.

Bringing back Dele vibes...

Deuterz Deuterz ...and it is with things like this that the term W O R L D C L A S S (tm) loses any perceived value. It's just too easy to toss around...if only it were more phonetically cumbersome...
I'm not saying we have to keep him forever. But we have a lot of holes to fill in this squad and will undoubtedly be unable to fill them all. Sign a great right winger, if we can find one, and put Kulu on the bench. But given everything we need to buy, adding a 2nd RW to the long list is stupid and asking to go into next season, yet again, understaffed.

He has proven his worth already. His issues stem from injuries and the overall situation at the club. Keep him fit and get a good coach in and he is a very good part of the squad. He has been sussed a little bit but his pace and trickery when fit can see him adapt.

Keep.

I think he showed enough in a season where conte hadn't imposed his completely uncreative system on the lads to warrant giving him a shot with a modern manager. Especially at this price. Good attacking players go for 50 these days. Kulu is a good player.

Considering:

- We've seen him be excellent.
- Good attitude / graft-rate.
- Young enough to grow / learn / evolve.
- This season has been shit across the board
- We need a squad (not an 11).

Cost vs risk = YES.

We aren't in a position to task ourselves with replacing Lucas, Danjuma, maybe Kane, binning off Son (as many here wanted just a few weeks ago) AND sacking off Kulu in one summer too........ That'd be 5 attackers, 4/5 CBs, 1 LB, 1 GK, 2 CAMs on some peoples shopping lists + another 10-15 sales/releases to sort. The window is 2 months... Not 2 years!

There's so many reasons why calling it "silly season" is appropriate.

Last edited:
I'm not saying we have to keep him forever. But we have a lot of holes to fill in this squad and will undoubtedly be unable to fill them all. Sign a great right winger, if we can find one, and put Kulu on the bench. But given everything we need to buy, adding a 2nd RW to the long list is stupid and asking to go into next season, yet again, understaffed.

Not really. We have a RW called Gil who is perfectly acceptable in a back-up role, and who we would never get 30m for. Already you can say bring him back, save the 30m on Kulu and use it to go towards another winger.

Or just keep Kulu. It's a fine option (again, on the fence) but I'm not having the 'oh what a stupid question' crap. It stopped being a stupid question about 12 shit games ago.

This isn't FM or Fifa.
And Danjuma will probably be off. And maybe Kane. That'd be 4 new attackers at once.

He's currently one of the worst performing players in the entire team. Against Newcastle it was absolutely shocking how terrible he was.

We do not own this player. It's not a case of selling him, its a case of do we pay up a good fee for a player who has been straight up terrible for 8/9 months. Your logic is 'he's here already so we have to do it' and frankly I don't find it very convincing.

Obviously the situation isn't ideal but that shouldn't prompt us to panic buy to keep players here, or we'd be doing the same with Danjuma and Lenglet.
This is Tottenham. You really expect we'll get 2 new RW recruitments in 1 window? Really? And they'll both be good?

Just being realistic - we need to focus our limited capacity for getting transfers across the line on other places. Be stupid to sign 2 RWs and 1 CB, for instance. No matter how Kulu has played, it hasn't been as damaging as the shambles we've got at the back.

Back
Top Bottom