Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 109 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 26.8%

• Total voters
This is a question that's been on my mind. At the start of the season, keeping him would have been an absolute no brainer but his form has been very inconsistent this season so is he worth persevering with or should we send him back to Juve?

I'd like to see how he gets on with a more attack-minded manager like Nagelsmann. I also think he might have a future as a number 10. The potential is there and with a manager more focused on player development he could go from strength to strength. At £30m, I think he's worth the money.

What do you guys think?

KULU HIVE ASSEMBLE

Shopping Spree GIF by IKEA USA

Yes, you don’t give up on a player who was borderline world class for half a season.

Definitely deserves a chance under a new manager, maybe in a 10 role if Nagelsmann comes in.

That would be the thing that swings it for me.
For these sorts of reasons this is a very difficult question to answer without a DOF and a manager.

And it's not a question that should be answered in a vacuum in any event.

What sort of team are we building? What resources are available? What would we spend that money on in the alternative?

This is also Daniel Levy we're talking about, so I'm sure the prospects for getting Juventus to take less will be explored.

His market value is above 35M EUR though, on that I am firm.

It's essentially a couple of months of good form vs an entire bad season of bad form* & the simple fact that we know he was rubbish at his last club. So as much as people on the 'yes' side will want to pretend this is an easy choice, it isn't. Right now he looks extremely slow, loses possession with too much regularity, and gets knocked off the ball as easy as a kitten.

*With the caveat that everyone has been bad this season aside from Kane. But we've had a LOT of bad from Kulu this season, and I bet if there was a "should we sell Son" poll it would be at the very least close, and he's got far more in the bank than Kulu.

There's better out there for that money.
Sure but it’s always a gamble. And we’ll probably get a worse player if we tried another route.

Kulu would be more productive with a CF that had good movement or could win headers in the box. Kane basically needs everything to feet these days.

Creative players are hard to find and he’s also a decent presser playing with 2 horrible pressers.

It’s basically a terrible set up for him.

Son is by far a bigger problem as well as whatever our solution is for CF post-Kane.

Stupid fucking thread. Spurs issue is always not having a good squad with depth. Kulu is absolutely a fantastic player who can be a valuable member of this squad.

Should he be nailed on on the teamsheet? Of course not. Of the players we currently have, that's only Kane on merit. Romero because no matter what he's always one of the best 2/3 CBs because everyone else is shit.

But the idea that we should get rid of Kulu is absurd. Sign some competition for fucks sake, but keep Kulu or we're right back where we fucking started.

Yes, of course we should sign him. For only £30m it’s worth giving him a chance.

I think it’s very unlikely we can find someone better for that price. Deki is young and has talent, with the right conditions I don’t see why he can’t develop.

Porro is the one that worries me. If he doesn’t improve we may need to try and wriggle out of that one.

Stupid fucking thread.

There it is.

No it isn't. He's been crap for near enough an entire season. And was crap at his old club. Wedged in there you have a few months of good form in a team which was flying for a while. So no, a thread discussing whether we should pay out 30 million pounds for a player who looks ponderous & weak currently is not 'stupid' in the slightest. In fact it would be fucking stupid if the people behind the scenes weren't considering this very question.

Kid Chameleon Good thread, valid question. I've been on the fence actually till recently when the level of his performances dropped down even further. I'm still not entirely sure & would like to see him in the #10 role but as a winger I have serious doubts long term.

Hate to say it but no

He was a breath of fresh air last season but he's been absolute pony this season

We need to be extremely clever this summer (LOL)
and splashing 35 on him after this last 12 months makes little sense

I agree with the other post about him being found out

Back
Top Bottom