Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 109 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 26.8%

• Total voters
He could have 10 goals. But what does it matter if ultimately, they're all consolation goals where we dropped points..

Meh.... That would most likely mean he's doing his job but someone else isn't doing theirs.

Especially if the team could have scored 20 more goals with a quicker player who moves the ball forward first time every time.

20 EPL goal wide-man unicorn alert.

....Besides; by your logic they wouldn't mean shit anyway if we conceded and lost those games.

Well, a few things there.

Firstly, encourage him to take on the man and maybe lose the ball. If we’re about ‘being brave’, let’s see it. I *like* what he does towards the goal line and how tenacious he can be in the penalty area. That goal on Saturday was an example of that. Secondly, don’t isolate him out right and encourage Richie to move towards him. Dragging the play across will help Sonny come more central too. Our entire front line is static.

Thirdly, if you want to sell someone, sell Johnson.
Heretic, Heretic

Burn Him, BURN HIM ALIIIIVE!

(according to some on here)

No need to blame one player, the whole front 3 of whoever starts from Son, Richy, Johnson or Kulu are average players.

Son was doing very well but poor & unpredictable in the last 2 seasons.
Richy £60m or so is average Brazilian striker but tries hard.
Kulu cheap buy, technically good, was excellent in his first season but average these days , assists and goals dried.
Brennon, £50m youngster OK so far but not too excited, he won't be a Delle or a Gaza.

Bottom line this front line ain't good enough to win a trophy and may prove difficult to get CL place depending on how manu and villa do, assuming top 3 is sorted.

I

Forest 3pts
Sheff Utd 3 pts
Bournemouth 3 pts
Man City 1pt
Chelsea 0pts
Wolves 0pts

We have won 10 pts with his goals. That’s not bad.
You can’t slate a guy for being in the scoresheet when the team doesn’t win when he does score to win us games.

There's nuances to everything though.
He was good against Forest. I'll give you that.

His goal against Sheffield United came in the 102nd minute of the game where he'd been kept at arms length the whole game. This game in the mythical "first 10" could very, very easily have been a 0-1 loss at home to the worst team in the league this season. With a full strength team.

I've no idea how he got us 3 points against Bournemouth since he wasn't in the match day squad

City - decent team performance against a team that didn't pack the box and defend with ease.

On the other hand, we lost to Villa, West Ham, Wolves (twice) Brighton and drew with Everton and United, where we were ponderous the whole game in all of those games.

If you took out Burnley, Woolwich, Newcastle & City away, I'd say ponderous has been the best description of our football this season. And a large part of that is Kulu slowing things down for no good reason.

No need to blame one player, the whole front 3 of whoever starts from Son, Richy, Johnson or Kulu are average players.

Kulu cheap buy, technically good, was excellent in his first season but average these days , assists and goals dried.
Brennon, £50m youngster OK so far but not too excited, he won't be a Delle or a Gaza.

Bottom line this front line ain't good enough to win a trophy and may prove difficult to get CL place depending on how manu and villa do, assuming top 3 is sorted.

It makes me scratch my head why they all seem incapable of sensing when there's a break on and going for it.
Are they playing to instructions, or are they just not alert?

Yeah I feel our attackers are massively overrated by the fans.

Miles off the other top sides.

There's nuances to everything though.
He was good against Forest. I'll give you that.

His goal against Sheffield United came in the 102nd minute of the game where he'd been kept at arms length the whole game. This game in the mythical "first 10" could very, very easily have been a 0-1 loss at home to the worst team in the league this season. With a full strength team.

I've no idea how he got us 3 points against Bournemouth since he wasn't in the match day squad

City - decent team performance against a team that didn't pack the box and defend with ease.

On the other hand, we lost to Villa, West Ham, Wolves (twice) Brighton and drew with Everton and United, where we were ponderous the whole game in all of those games.

If you took out Burnley, Woolwich, Newcastle & City away, I'd say ponderous has been the best description of our football this season. And a large part of that is Kulu slowing things down for no good reason.
Did he not score against Bournemouth away????????

My usual thoughts during a live game on whether I think we should keep Kulu or not.......

little britain television GIF

Not sure why this thread has been revived. I started it at the end of last season when it wasn't clear whether Kulu would be kept or sent back to Juve due to his inconsistent form. I felt he was worth the £30m and that a manager more focused on player development might be able to get more out of him. Things seem to have panned out that way up to a point but there is still a long way to go.

I'm thinking it might be worth going for a 3 man midfield against Palace with two attacking midfielders (Kulu and Madders) and a holding midfielder (Biss). We could then have Werner on the right with Richie in the middle and Son on the left. Two attacking midfielders might be the spark we need.

Back
Top Bottom