Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 109 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 26.8%

• Total voters
You really think your posting history will proof that claim?

:ange-hmm:
Jesus Will, this the best you can come up with? One has to assume considering it took you 2 bites at the apple and an extra half-hour to come up with this sudoku-level garbage! Is that what you were aiming for, the level of Spurs-Ty...that level of low-hanging fruit...you that thirsty for the likes, Will?

You could have looked and found my own words to impeach my credibility (which one also assumes you did during that half-hour :sonpoint: but came up snake-eyes). See...
Kulu is absolutely a fantastic player
...it's that easy, Will!!!! He is...he's an absolutely limited player in a league wholly unsuited to his game. He should never have been signed in the summer...those with even the slightest understanding of the game (aspirational for you, Will) knew this. And those of us even more clued-in knew he shouldn't have even been looked at in the first place! You had the benefit 18 months to cotton on to that very fact...but you and others didn't because you're too busy happy clapping.

There are any number of players in and around his price that would have been better purchases because their potential was obvious and Kulu's limitations were glaring...not that I would have expected you or most on here to recognize it...and you didn't, much to your, uhhh, discredit.

We can talk about Dele or Sessegnon next? :harrylol:

Hasn’t he been playing with an illness for the last 2 weeks? We know what he’s capable off technically a much better player than Johnson, Werner etc

He works extremely hard particular shout outs to Luton and Forest away..

Not lightning, but definitely not slow, and uses his right foot more than he gets credit for. He’s 23,

What’s the issue here?

Jesus Will, this the best you can come up with? One has to assume considering it took you 2 bites at the apple and an extra half-hour to come up with this sudoku-level garbage! Is that what you were aiming for, the level of Spurs-Ty...that level of low-hanging fruit...you that thirsty for the likes, Will?

You could have looked and found my own words to impeach my credibility (which one also assumes you did during that half-hour :sonpoint: but came up snake-eyes). See...

...it's that easy, Will!!!! He is...he's an absolutely limited player in a league wholly unsuited to his game. He should never have been signed in the summer...those with even the slightest understanding of the game (aspirational for you, Will) knew this. And those of us even more clued-in knew he shouldn't have even been looked at in the first place! You had the benefit 18 months to cotton on to that very fact...but you and others didn't because you're too busy happy clapping.

There are any number of players in and around his price that would have been better purchases because their potential was obvious and Kulu's limitations were glaring...not that I would have expected you or most on here to recognize it...and you didn't, much to your, uhhh, discredit.

We can talk about Dele or Sessegnon next? :harrylol:
Lol, I spent 12 hours on a plane yesterday, Todd. Not spending time digging through your posting history to make a mockery of your statement. I've now got a week of catching up work from holiday. If I've the time Saturday, I'll put your skeletons on display.

The answer can’t always be ‘sell him’. That’s ignoring the fundamental realities of sport’s economics.

He needs to stop cutting back and he needs to pick a pass quicker.

Coach him.

Lol, I spent 12 hours on a plane yesterday, Todd. Not spending time digging through your posting history to make a mockery of your statement. I've now got a week of catching up work from holiday. If I've the time Saturday, I'll put your skeletons on display.
Most of TFC has this WUM on ignore.

welp, you had enough time to sudoku-ly respond in the first place...and THEN take a half-hour to polish that apple for, presumably, even more likes. But this does remind me of the time you kept saying Dele was absolutely a PL level player ( and should still be starting for us only for him to be sent packing that January) and when called on it after he was benched for being absolutely so shit that even non-football watchers would have known you said you weren't bothered...only to embarrassingly come back a day or two 'with the goods' by quoting another poster as if it was me. Good times.

Do you really want to do that again? Haven't you lost enough doing this? So, the challenge for you...
but I can tell when a player is shit and not worth persevering with.

You really think your posting history will proof that claim?

:ange-hmm:
...find where I've said a player is shit (my claim) and it turns out he's not (dispositive supporting your desire to be sudoku).

Feel free to have the last word, Will, I'll not respond. I know you'll take it...as usual! :sonlol: I always wonder if that makes folks like you think they've 'won' and argument...LOL.

The answer can’t always be ‘sell him’. That’s ignoring the fundamental realities of sport’s economics.
The "answer" was not to sign him in the summer after 18 months of clear evidence. But he'll not be sold anytime in the next few years.
He needs to stop cutting back and he needs to pick a pass quicker.
Ever thought there's a reason he does these things? Were he able to take it to the house I'm pretty sure he would, right? He's not 'choosing' these things...circumstances are dictating he does them lest he lose the ball and suffer great opprobrium from the crowds. He is athletically (and techinically) incapable of imposing himself on games in this league irrespective of folks chirping about him being big and strong...he's still slow, cumbersome, 1 footed, and technically lacking.
Coach him.
Can't coach speed and agility (nor a right foot, apparently) and no one picks up technical ability at this stage...this is his 5th season (yup, FIFTH) season of topflite football...he's not changing or acquiring new abilities!!!! Again, which is why some of us said please don't fucking sign this player as it will not be long before folks will be asking "what's wrong with Kulu"...and here we are...

WHAT'S WRONG WITH KULU?

Not lightning, but definitely not slow, and uses his right foot more than he gets credit for. He’s 23,

What’s the issue here?

I've never seen him win a race. Most refs would beat him.
On top of that, he has an awful habit of stopping the ball and slowing the entire team down when he plays out wide. We really need our wide players to take a man on and drive the ball forward. Not stop it. Look up. Make a short pass. Take the ball back. Look up. Cut inside. Fluff the cross up.

Ever thought there's a reason he does these things? Were he able to take it to the house I'm pretty sure he would, right? He's not 'choosing' these things...circumstances are dictating he does them lest he lose the ball and suffer great opprobrium from the crowds. He is athletically (and techinically) incapable of imposing himself on games in this league irrespective of folks chirping about him being big and strong...he's still slow, cumbersome, 1 footed, and technically lacking.
Well, a few things there.

Firstly, encourage him to take on the man and maybe lose the ball. If we’re about ‘being brave’, let’s see it. I *like* what he does towards the goal line and how tenacious he can be in the penalty area. That goal on Saturday was an example of that. Secondly, don’t isolate him out right and encourage Richie to move towards him. Dragging the play across will help Sonny come more central too. Our entire front line is static.

Thirdly, if you want to sell someone, sell Johnson.

Also, it seems TM has his market value at 55M right now (LOL)...we paid 30M...I'll not ignore those fundamental realities...and this bit of arbitrage is where we can not only win but be able to cushion the loses on some of the other shit players we need rid of...let's send him to Bayern so he and HK can link up again. Let's not wait until folks in the wider footballing world recognize what some of us already recognize. We did that with Dele and others.

welp, you had enough time to sudoku-ly respond in the first place...and THEN take a half-hour to polish that apple for, presumably, even more likes. But this does remind me of the time you kept saying Dele was absolutely a PL level player ( and should still be starting for us only for him to be sent packing that January) and when called on it after he was benched for being absolutely so shit that even non-football watchers would have known you said you weren't bothered...only to embarrassingly come back a day or two 'with the goods' by quoting another poster as if it was me. Good times.

Do you really want to do that again? Haven't you lost enough doing this? So, the challenge for you...

...find where I've said a player is shit (my claim) and it turns out he's not (dispositive supporting your desire to be sudoku).

Feel free to have the last word, Will, I'll not respond. I know you'll take it...as usual! :sonlol: I always wonder if that makes folks like you think they've 'won' and argument...LOL.
Have you ever played sudoku?

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Also, it seems TM has his market value at 55M right now (LOL)...we paid 30M...I'll not ignore those fundamental realities...and this bit of arbitrage is where we can not only win but be able to cushion the loses on some of the other shit players we need rid of...let's send him to Bayern so he and HK can link up again. Let's not wait until folks in the wider footballing world recognize what some of us already recognize. We did that with Dele and others.
55 million?

Did the website also say you can make 250,000 a month working from home?

Firstly, encourage him to take on the man and maybe lose the ball. If we’re about ‘being brave’, let’s see it. I *like* what he does towards the goal line and how tenacious he can be in the penalty area. That goal on Saturday was an example of that.
This is good and at certain clubs you'd be applauded for it. But a clear-eyed look at him suggests that even with this acceptance of short-term failure there isn't too much upside to expect from the experimentation. Isn't he technically NOW in his 3rd season with us...his 3rd seasons at the PL level? is that the player we were buying? Is that the borderline world class player we supposedly have/had for his first 6 months?

Tenacity, agreed!
Secondly, don’t isolate him out right and encourage Richie to move towards him. Dragging the play across will help Sonny come more central too. Our entire front line is static.
Right, that's your quarrel with Ange. I'm not even gonna attempt much with it other than to say, if that's how Ange wants to play it then it seems Kulu, at the heights of the happy clappers greatest fever dreams, doesn't seem to warrant changing one's tactics.
Thirdly, if you want to sell someone, sell Johnson.
Under water on this one AND he's HG...which was one of my biggest complaints about getting Kulu in the first place...he's not HG and thus not good enough for a foreign player.

Have you ever played sudoku?

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+
See, goddamn you, Will! I didn't want to respond buy here you've made me...and also because I am apparently weak. Sudoku the shit-poster on this forum that behaves like Ty from that Arse youtube channel...he goes cheaply and repetitively for the low-hanging fruit because he is intellectually incapable of more. I know you are NOT that so I'm always surprised when you plumb such depths.

And yeah, I've played sudoku... Great choice of gif/movie.

Right, that's your quarrel with Ange. I'm not even gonna attempt much with it other than to say, if that's how Ange wants to play it then it seems Kulu, at the heights of the happy clappers greatest fever dreams, doesn't seem to warrant changing one's tactics.
I take a pretty simple view of this, which is that we still haven’t replaced Kane.

I look at a player like Kulu and think he is a symptom of how we’re struggling, rather than the cause. When he gets the ball and looks up, I don’t think he sees a great deal. Richie is never, and I mean *never* unmarked. Son is in a different postcode.

Kulu is not Robben or Salah, which is why we got him for 30 million. I agree there’s frustration in that he hasn’t got the ability to cut inside and score. Then again, not many have.

If we’re going to play this high line, aggressive football, we’re going to have to buy an exceedingly
good 9 and another wide man of note. We’ll also need Maddison to get his form back.

55 million?
Did the website also say you can make 250,000 a month working from home?
LOL...see, NOW you're seeing the logic...all it took was a 25M delta!

I'd say WHam would allow him to stay in London but he won't get past Bowen...how about Palace, nope Olise (and they can't afford it)...Brentford, nope as Mbuemo is better...Arse, Chels, nope, obvs...at the price we'd want to sell no one would take this player but folks want to keep him...hopefully HK helps us out.

I've never seen him win a race. Most refs would beat him.
On top of that, he has an awful habit of stopping the ball and slowing the entire team down when he plays out wide. We really need our wide players to take a man on and drive the ball forward. Not stop it. Look up. Make a short pass. Take the ball back. Look up. Cut inside. Fluff the cross up.
Ah you have, when he first came he was dominant in big away at Villa 4-0 and home vs Newcastle 5-1 he was carrying the ball the well on the wing with ‘reasonable’ pace. Like I say, not lightning.

I accept referencing 2 years ago isn’t ideal and yes he needs to be more consistent but the player is in there, his technique and work rate is good and Ange clearly likes him he’s a better option for me than Werner or Johnson

Back
Top Bottom