Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 33.5%

• Total voters
He holds the ball up really well, very strong and rarely pushed off the ball.
That’s about it, oh cuts in from the right 9 times out of ten.

Kulu was our best player yesterday.
While he may not have been the worst out there, he definitely was not the best, with Vicario making two world class saves, even if one was offside.
I like Kulu as an option, but seriously wonder if he is good enough to be starting, way too inconsistent, so slow at times, fails to deliver crosses on too many occasions and probably not scoring enough either. In saying all that he is a good option, either off the bench or dropping into the middle, just think we need a speedy goal scoring winger and he will never be that.
Edit - youth on his side too, so hopefully can improve

While he may not have been the worst out there, he definitely was not the best, with Vicario making two world class saves, even if one was offside.
I like Kulu as an option, but seriously wonder if he is good enough to be starting, way too inconsistent, so slow at times, fails to deliver crosses on too many occasions and probably not scoring enough either. In saying all that he is a good option, either off the bench or dropping into the middle, just think we need a speedy goal scoring winger and he will never be that.

It will be quite difficult to get anybody better.
11 goal involvements in 22 starts.

It will be quite difficult to get anybody better.
11 goal involvements in 22 starts.
I would keep him, just not someone to be over reliant on, some games suit him the way teams set up, others do not. He is young, can play a few positions and as you said scores and assists, just think we need another wide option when facing low blocks.

I would keep him, just not someone to be over reliant on, some games suit him the way teams set up, others do not. He is young, can play a few positions and as you said scores and assists, just think we need another wide option when facing low blocks.
We had our best two wide options unavailable yesterday.
We have a great squad which we will improve next season.

Probably keep but mainly because we have other priorities to fix first. He can be a squad player here and contribute well enough like that.
Oh, he's staying. He'll be here in 2028 and maybe 2029 whichever is his penultimate contract year. He's ours and we can't get rid...he's like our squad herpes, you never really know when he's gonna show up but you live in anticipation of his arrival because you know he's still around lying in wait to show his stuff...

He holds the ball up really well, very strong and rarely pushed off the ball.
That’s about it, oh cuts in from the right 9 times out of ten.
I noticed -with the exception of Porro ( & occasionally Son ) - no one likes to dash to the byline and do a cross. Cutting inwards or down the flanks & then pull-back to pass seems to be the play-du-jour.
Even Son has given up on beating players to the line.

Kulu was fucking awful except for the goal. This is an increasingly common occurrence.
sudoku please enlighten me as to how he was our best player? Because all I see is someone that slows our play down, is a winger that keeps coming centrally or checking back on his left foot and generally slowing play down.

sudoku please enlighten me as to how he was our best player? Because all I see is someone that slows our play down, is a winger that keeps coming centrally or checking back on his left foot and generally slowing play down.
He scored. GK made a great save to prevent him scoring another. He held up the ball well and made a couple of good passes.
What did anyone else do that was better?

He scored. GK made a great save to prevent him scoring another. He held up the ball well and made a couple of good passes.
What did anyone else do that was better?
Ah so he was our best player because he was less shit than the others?

Vicario, van Der Ven and Romero were higher, with Vic and Micky in particular stopping us from a right molestation of a result.

I mean you do you, but he looks fucking shit to me. Even if he did score.

Johnson has scored and made assists and is counted off to high heaven. Richarlison has been a more than able understudy in Son's absence and yet he's still counted off. But the ginger winger scored and did fuck all else but he's the best player on the day.

I’ve always liked him and players hate playing against him even if he’s having an off day. His brute strength,height and bustling nature are great weapons to have and if he could just be more consistent with all round game then he can be a very good player. We need a mix of explosively quick players but also players with guile who can unlock a defence (which he can to be fair) and produce moments of brilliance. None of our front players are really skillful that can still beat a man not just with pace but with ability. Our front players are not capable of beating a few players and bending one into the top corner or chip a keeper. We have no flair in our front line. That’s why I’d maybe look at madders on the left where Sonny plays.

Back
Top Bottom