Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 109 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 26.8%

• Total voters
scored one, put one on a plate for Davies. ultimately better than Son, Richarlison, Maddison, Johnson and Werner on Saturday. But he was all round poor outside of that, but he does have that ability to create big chances even when he's bad.
good player to have , but the entire frontline could be upgraded if we spend

I take a pretty simple view of this, which is that we still haven’t replaced Kane.

I look at a player like Kulu and think he is a symptom of how we’re struggling, rather than the cause. When he gets the ball and looks up, I don’t think he sees a great deal. Richie is never, and I mean *never* unmarked. Son is in a different postcode.

Kulu is not Robben or Salah, which is why we got him for 30 million. I agree there’s frustration in that he hasn’t got the ability to cut inside and score. Then again, not many have.

If we’re going to play this high line, aggressive football, we’re going to have to buy an exceedingly
good 9 and another wide man of note. We’ll also need Maddison to get his form back.
Broadly agree. full disclosure: I did NOT want our early season to go as it did. I knew it would just heap tons of pressure where it needn't be...and here we are, folks resigning themselves to not winning the league THIS weekend FFS!!!!!!!

Ange needs time and players need replacing. I'm jsut happy to have football I can look forward to watching. But we cannot repeat moves like Kulu going forward. I'm not big on many of the paratici moves but that's me.

Ah you have, when he first came he was dominant in big away at Villa 4-0 and home vs Newcastle 5-1 he was carrying the ball the well on the wing with ‘reasonable’ pace. Like I say, not lightning.

I accept referencing 2 years ago isn’t ideal and yes he needs to be more consistent but the player is in there, his technique and work rate is good and Ange clearly likes him he’s a better option for me than Werner or Johnson
At his best I've never seen him win a race.
At his best I have seen him take people on, but generally he doesn't. Oddly, when he does, he causes havoc. The goal straight after HT Saturday and the first 10-15 minutes of the 2nd half against Brighton. But outside of those minutes he was awful.

Most of them were, but he continually caused us problems attacking when a quicker pass or running with the ball would have led to is causing problems.

Well, a few things there.

Firstly, encourage him to take on the man and maybe lose the ball. If we’re about ‘being brave’, let’s see it. I *like* what he does towards the goal line and how tenacious he can be in the penalty area. That goal on Saturday was an example of that. Secondly, don’t isolate him out right and encourage Richie to move towards him. Dragging the play across will help Sonny come more central too. Our entire front line is static.

Thirdly, if you want to sell someone, sell Johnson.
His best time was when he had doc playing on the right who would provide the overlap and cross. This also allowed deki to sometimes cut inside and shoot bcos doc would take a player with him. Now with this inverted FBs BS there is no one on the right and most of the time wide players get the ball it is from our CBs almost at the half way line. Thus is where in most other teams the FB would be receiving the ball. I really if he is to stay the. He needs the right to work on tandem and give options for the overlap or cutting in.
However in terms of quality there were / are far better wide players in the PL and beyond who are better. Defo could do with upgrade but I doubt we will sell. To me either him of Bj needs to be sold for a better quality wide player. Out of the two I’d keep deki as his prbly a better footballer than BJ but needs to be brave avd try fucking crossing the ball now and then. Alternative would be to play him as the left sided inverted FB as cover for destiny. He plays in midfield anyway so why not try that as he has experience of playing there. Then get Neto for the wing. But still stands one of deki or BJ need to go and I’d do part ex with wolves for Neto with some cash thrown in as well. No one is gonna pay anywhere the money we paid for these two. Serious questions should be asked that we have spent nearly £100 on 2 wide players who can’t beat a man.

LOL...see, NOW you're seeing the logic...all it took was a 25M delta!

I'd say WHam would allow him to stay in London but he won't get past Bowen...how about Palace, nope Olise (and they can't afford it)...Brentford, nope as Mbuemo is better...Arse, Chels, nope, obvs...at the price we'd want to sell no one would take this player but folks want to keep him...hopefully HK helps us out.
100%. If Ange decided to keep him before signing BJ why did we go for BJ?

scored one, put one on a plate for Davies. ultimately better than Son, Richarlison, Maddison, Johnson and Werner on Saturday. But he was all round poor outside of that, but he does have that ability to create big chances even when he's bad.
good player to have , but the entire frontline could be upgraded if we spend
Richi, deki and bj nearly £150M how can we now be saying the entire front line needs changing. It ain’t gonna happen unless we can strike some player plus cash deals. One we could try is say BJ plus £20M for Neto. BJ would fit in with wolves style.

At his current rate he could finish the season with atleast 10 goals. Add in the chances he creates aswell as his defensive work.

That's a decent number of goals. He's contributed to some important wins.

He's lacking a bit of consistency but on his day he pulls up good moments, he wasn't great Vs wolves but still our best attacker.

Richi, deki and bj nearly £150M how can we now be saying the entire front line needs changing. It ain’t gonna happen unless we can strike some player plus cash deals. One we could try is say BJ plus £20M for Neto. BJ would fit in with wolves style.
I honestly think our biggest hope is the Saudi's giving us the full 60m for Richarlison. Before Neymar gets bored of if. I'm hoping this summer but there's no way we sell BJ, and who has the cash that would would want Kulusevski?

At his current rate he could finish the season with atleast 10 goals. Add in the chances he creates aswell as his defensive work.

That's a decent number of goals. He's contributed to some important wins.

He's lacking a bit of consistency but on his day he pulls up good moments, he wasn't great Vs wolves but still our best attacker.
He could have 10 goals. But what does it matter if ultimately, they're all consolation goals where we dropped points..

Especially if the team could have scored 20 more goals with a quicker player who moves the ball forward first time every time.

I
He could have 10 goals. But what does it matter if ultimately, they're all consolation goals where we dropped points..

Especially if the team could have scored 20 more goals with a quicker player who moves the ball forward first time every time.
Forest 3pts
Sheff Utd 3 pts
Bournemouth 3 pts
Man City 1pt
Chelsea 0pts
Wolves 0pts

We have won 10 pts with his goals. That’s not bad.
You can’t slate a guy for being in the scoresheet when the team doesn’t win when he does score to win us games.

Last edited:

But he's scored some winners
you could say that about every single player.

It isn't easy to find 20 goal wide forwards

Salah and Sonny have consistently done it or got close regarding players from the Prem but not many others.

And if your talking just premier league goals only Salah consistently scores 20 Prem goals from a wide player

Sonny has done it once but averages about 12-15 Prem goals a season.

If you score 20 Prem goals a season as a winger you are a world class wide forward there has only been 2 recently and we have one of them.

But he's scored some winners
you could say that about every single player.

It isn't easy to find 20 goal wide forwards

Salah and Sonny have consistently done it or got close regarding players from the Prem but not many others.

And if your talking just premier league goals only Salah consistently scores 20 Prem goals from a wide player

Sonny has done it once but averages about 12-15 Prem goals a season.

If you score 20 Prem goals a season as a winger you are a world class wide forward there has only been 2 recently and we have one of them.
:mourbye: my bad I misread your post

Back
Top Bottom