Do you acknowledge other Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always do , last Sunday at the Alderburgh food fest at Snape Maltings bumped into a couple with spurs logos on.
I never wear any club badge stuff so I am always the nutter that starts the quick chat.

Probably one of the most middle class phrases I've read on a football forum, EVER!

Probably one of the most middle class phrases I've read on a football forum, EVER!

Middle classes’ follow football too, it’s not exclusive to us and there are so many middle class types at Spurs today I can’t tell them from the @rsenal cunts that live here.... but at least they are spurs.

I was coming home from the airport this morning, and I have a Spurs luggage label (!) on my case. A middle-aged couple noticed it, and we had a short but meaningful conversation.
If you wear or show colours, then think you invite acknowledgement, even if it's just a thumbs up or a quick COYS.
By the same token, if I see other teams' supporters, then I tend to sneer or give them a sideways dirty look - not brave enough to do anymore than that:)

Pretty much the opposite of the thread question (and I’ve probably mentioned it on here before), but me and a fellow Spurs fan I work with were stood outside on a break when this guy approached us.

He was wearing a Gooner hat, and neither of us had any indication that we were Spurs fans. He asked for directions to the station and we both instinctively pointed in the exact opposite direction.

:sonpoint:

I was coming home from the airport this morning, and I have a Spurs luggage label (!) on my case. A middle-aged couple noticed it, and we had a short but meaningful conversation.
If you wear or show colours, then think you invite acknowledgement, even if it's just a thumbs up or a quick COYS.
By the same token, if I see other teams' supporters, then I tend to sneer or give them a sideways dirty look - not brave enough to do anymore than that:)
“Sneer” and “dirty looks” people are allowed to support other teams dear:cool:

Last edited:
Off topic - but this thread has reminded me of the time a mate and I were playing snooker in Walthamstow back in the mid-80's. Walking back at around 2 in the morning, we passed this car with a scum sticker in the window. Having also had a few drinks, we decided to go back to his place and proceeded to take all the player photo inserts from the Spurs programmes of previous seasons, together with some cello tape - and then stuck them all over the windows of this car. You literally could not see inside it once we had finished. For good measure, we placed some traffic cones on the bonnet and the roof.

I saw an old woman today with a scum shirt on with Henry, 14 on it.

Im pretty sure he never wore 14 for the scum, not sure if it was her grandkid called Henry.

I coshed her anyway...
:pochfacepalm::adeohshit::gallashmm:
Whatever you do... don't Google search "Henry 14"
I'm pretty sure it's all he ever wore!

I wore my champions league spurs jumper on the flight to Valencia for the final. 2 guys saw it, shouted COYS at me in the airport and then offered a fiver for my ticket to the final.

Pretty much the opposite of the thread question (and I’ve probably mentioned it on here before), but me and a fellow Spurs fan I work with were stood outside on a break when this guy approached us.

He was wearing a Gooner hat, and neither of us had any indication that we were Spurs fans. He asked for directions to the station and we both instinctively pointed in the exact opposite direction.

:sonpoint:
Yeah, you mentioned it a few pages back in this very same thread mate :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom