Do you even go down the Lane anymore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you even go down the Lane anymore?

• Total voters
Used to go once a month, would also go to a few of the early europa aways depending on whether I could source a ticket - but I've only been to the new stadium a handful of times. This is mostly due to my mates packing it in, but also financially it's just too expensive a day out to justify anymore. Train ticket is £30, match ticket is £65+, food and drink is another £50.

Really though, it's just not the same anymore, sadly. I feel like a walking piggy bank that the club are trying to shake with every turn I take around the ground. I really miss the old WHL, the feeling I got when I walked to my seat and saw the pitch isn't there for me at the moment.

I stopped going because I couldn't justify the cost, between train tickets increasing tenfold and the price of the season ticket, beers and all the rest of it I just couldn't justify it any more.

Haven't been to the ground since last season and won't be going again until the club show some ambition.

But I also have full respect for those that persevere and wouldn't ask them to boycott as they are the beating heart of this club.

I stopped going because I couldn't justify the cost, between train tickets increasing tenfold and the price of the season ticket, beers and all the rest of it I just couldn't justify it any more.

Haven't been to the ground since last season and won't be going again until the club show some ambition.

But I also have full respect for those that persevere and wouldn't ask them to boycott as they are the beating heart of this club.

The cost is ridiculous. No argument there.

I have got my parking and travel down to £18. I try not to spend more than £15 on two beers and something to eat. So £96 all day with the ticket.

I used to do £120-130 so I have at least made some savings.

Don’t go anymore

Had a season ticket through the ninetys and noughties, club priced me out about ten years ago

Go with my two boys to the Orient about 4 or 5 times a season,great day out

ST holder but not been for the past couple of games and don’t plan on going back anytime soon. Largely because the crowd we have now. I can cope with the football being trash but it actually used to be fun going to games.

ST holder but not been for the past couple of games and don’t plan on going back anytime soon. Largely because the crowd we have now. I can cope with the football being trash but it actually used to be fun going to games.

I have never been a season ticket holder, but I stopped going to live games at some point during the Poch era for this reason. It wasn't a sudden thing, just over the years I enjoyed going to live games less and less until I just felt like I didn't want to go anymore. Just wasn't fun to go, and I had fun even in the 90s going as a kid, when we were crap on the pitch! I haven't been to a game in the new stadium yet. I probably will at some point, just to take a look round the place!

Don't get me wrong, i fucking hate what we have become and how we are playing etc

You have to remember people of my age have seen us play in the Inter Toto, seen us get relegated following two abject seasons and seen nearly a whole decade (92-98) of us being relegation fodder. Mid-table was seen as a good season.

This is bad at the moment but some of us have seen and experienced worse.

Edit. The dynamic of our fanbase has irreparably got worse over the years. Compare the attitude of the fans when we got relegated to what we have now.

Have to agree with the fanbase deteriorating. The final game of the relegation season I went (missed just the first home game that year due to a holiday) with my gooner dad. He couldn't believe the support we gave the team that day. It just wouldn't happen now.

Have to agree with the fanbase deteriorating. The final game of the relegation season I went (missed just the first home game that year due to a holiday) with my gooner dad. He couldn't believe the support we gave the team that day. It just wouldn't happen now.
True and the support we got in the 2nd Division was unreal

It's chalk and cheese mate. I think the modern expression is entitled.

I'll admit i haven't been to a game since before the lockdown. A combination of Jose, Levy and just being sickened by the whole state of the club turned me off going to games.

Maybe one day i'll be back there but for now they can fuck themselves if they think i'm putting my money into their pockets.

It'd be really interesting to see how much on average people spend of those that go regularly.

I mentioned in a previous post of mine that I probably have the second most expensive ticket. But to counter that I don't buy any merchandise or food/drink on the ground.

I'll go to the chippy on the high road after the game if I'm in the mood. I have to park and walk 30 mins so don't pay for parking.

In all its just the cost of the ticket for the day out and maybe £5 for food. So it's the only way I can financially keep it up.

I'm not interested in the whole matchday experience. I go to watch the football and that's all. Its why I don't really care much about the new stadium. I preferred the old WHL.

Yesterday was the first time in ages that I met up with the guys I used to go with since the 80s. We met in the Coach & Horses and it was just like the old days when we would chew the fat about football and life in general. One by one, they have given up travelling, then season tickets, then membership, and now don't even go to the occasional game. They even struggle to get to the pub when games are on Sundays. These are die-hard Spurs supporters, and haven't made those decisions lightly. This is what the current regime have brought them to, the regime being the board, the coaching team and the players.
I don't know what it will take for me to give it all up. Days like yesterday made me question my sanity, but come the next game, I'll be there, and like Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , will probably stick it out until health or finances dictate otherwise.
I've paid for the season ticket now (£1,500), so will continue to go to games, I can't be bothered to put tickets up for sale.

Used to go once a month, would also go to a few of the early europa aways depending on whether I could source a ticket - but I've only been to the new stadium a handful of times. This is mostly due to my mates packing it in, but also financially it's just too expensive a day out to justify anymore. Train ticket is £30, match ticket is £65+, food and drink is another £50.

Really though, it's just not the same anymore, sadly. I feel like a walking piggy bank that the club are trying to shake with every turn I take around the ground. I really miss the old WHL, the feeling I got when I walked to my seat and saw the pitch isn't there for me at the moment.
My dad used to go home and away with westham normally getting Free tickets through contacts. Went spurs westham last week paid £79 and was moaning, he now realises why I don't go weekly.

Back
Top Bottom