Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So a brand new club sponsor immediately jumps on the tired and boring empty trophy cabinet bandwagon. If the club had any sense they would tell Dulux to shove their sponsorship up their holes. How will we shift the image this club has unless there is a mentality shift. Can't be allowing supposed business partners publicly mock the club

If I were Levy the agreed upon amount that Dulux sponsors us with just got doubled.

Don't break the sponsorship. Force an apology from whoever thought he was funny and increase the amount of money we make off of it.

Let Dulux cover our transfer window.

1t8Y.gif

Let's be serious here - it's the THFC social media team that need to be sacked,
It's honestly like they have no fucking clue we're a football club and that the only reason anyone follows the social media feeds is because of the football.
Horrific performance against Newcastle, 3 points thrown away against Man United, top 4 keeps getting served up on a fucking plate and we throw it back.

And we get an announcement on social media of a deal with fucking Dulux.
It must be worth peanuts in the grand scheme of things. How about you get us the hundreds of millions in stadium sponsortship and start the painful fucking rebuild.

Probably some woolwich cunt on the paint wankers’ social media team getting a dig in.

Can’t even get his facts right.

Last time I checked we have the illustrious Audi Cup taking pride of place in our cabinet.

Imagine forgetting that. Stupid cunt.

:pocheyes:

It's honestly like they have no fucking clue we're a football club and that the only reason anyone follows the social media feeds is because of the football.
Horrific performance against Newcastle, 3 points thrown away against Man United, top 4 keeps getting served up on a fucking plate and we throw it back.

It must be worth peanuts in the grand scheme of things. How about you get us the hundreds of millions in stadium sponsortship and start the painful fucking rebuild.

In fairness, I’m fairly sure that our social media team aren’t the ones negotiating the sponsorship deals!

How is that the social media teams fault?

I do agree that the social media admins timings are sometimes very bad.
The general mood around Spurs is negative and yet they post things which probably piss off a lot of fans.

Obviously they aren't resposnsible for results. But they do contribute towards the negative fan morale.

Obviously Spurs told them to delete it.

I personally think it actually makes it worse - they could've just left it and taken the banter but instead deleting it makes it look worse.
I think it was probably Dulux telling them to delete it. It was an attempt at some corporate Twitter banter that ended up being massively inappropriate.

I personally can't stand it when corporate accounts try to be funny in the hope of going viral even at the best of times.

Mate, seriously. Put yourself in the position of any company that has the budget to spend £25m per year over say 10yrs (£250m) on signing your name to a football stadium, do you seriously think you would do that now, at a time where there are no fans going to said stadium? Whilst you might have furloughed the vast majority of your staff during the pandemic?

Why are you knocking the Club for bringing in sponsorship deals? I believe, if my memory serves me correctly that no Club has grown their commercial activities on a % basis larger than Spurs over the last financial reporting period, right now I'd say any deal that comes in is very, very important to the Clubs future.

The results on the pitch, orchestrated by our special dinosaur only makes their job harder than it already is. It's a lot easier to get these deals over the line in the best of economic climates but when we are serving up the dross Jose is right now, out of top 4, no European football, let alone CL, we need to tip our hats in the direction of those pulling rabbits out of the hat and doing their jobs.

Imagine if you were Dulux or whoever, handing over a few million quid and then for that Club not to announce it, ie do exactly what the very definition of sponsorship money they are handing over to do. It's like writing a clause into Kane's contract not to assist or score goals!

The social media guy at Dulux should be given a fucking kicking and suspect that they already have as the deleted tweets are testament to a major fuck up on their part not ours. Then they say that there's no such thing as bad publicity and maybe he's getting a pat on the back as the tweets have gone viral???

Either way, our shitness is to do with Jose and the Social/Media/PR/Corp sales teams all are doing their jobs here.

Last edited:
Probably not the best way to start a new sponsorship deal but it’s not like they are saying something that any of us fans don’t think already so fair play for the LOL 😂

Someone will get sacked ofcourse but it cheered me up no end 👍

Back
Top Bottom