EFL Cup - Wolves vs Tottenham - Wed, Sep 22 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ideally the majority of points we will win in a season will come against so called 'inferior' sides. Strikers who consistently bag in these games are actually pretty rare, and can be the difference in those matches where teams deploy a low block and chances are few and far between.

Even if you think that's all Kane can do, it's a huge asset. I don't get how you can watch us play football (with how few goals the rest of them manage) and think someone who consistently bags is to be scoffed at.

I wish we had more players who could score against inferior teams.
The bit that amuses me is that they cant seem to work out why the top sides are at the top.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they have better defenders who can make life difficult for strikers, or better keepers who prevent more goals being scored against them, or midfielders who keep their side attacking and depriving us of possession.
Not like its hard to work out

The bit that amuses me is that they cant seem to work out why the top sides are at the top.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they have better defenders who can make life difficult for strikers, or better keepers who prevent more goals being scored against them, or midfielders who keep their side attacking and depriving us of possession.
Not like its hard to work out
But that's why you have 100+ million players. To be the difference maker against top opposition and in the biggest games.

But then again, Kane's only been offered 75 million + add ons so guess he doesn't fit that bill so maybe fans shouldn't expect that out of him.

You can still be a proper spurs to understand that Ben Davies crossing ability is shit......But appreciate the tutorial on how to be a proper spurs fan. baaaaahaa. what a twat
Don't be upset mate, just pointing out a silly statement that you made, and in turn made yourself look like a twat way before the 'baaaahaa'. chin up.

Bit late to the party on this thread, but I really enjoyed the game last night. That's pretty much what me as a Tottenham fan wants back, games that are entertaining, least you actually give yourself a chance.

Not a perfect performance by any stretch of the imagination but once again things look abit more positive.

But that's why you have 100+ million players. To be the difference maker against top opposition and in the biggest games.

But then again, Kane's only been offered 75 million + add ons so guess he doesn't fit that bill so maybe fans shouldn't expect that out of him.
Hard - isn't it?
Stringing thoughts and ideas together, to coalesce into comprehension.

Don't worry though, you might get it one day. The real blessing - if that day comes to you, is that people stop laughing after you voice your opinions.

If neither of them can be trusted to do their bit tracking and defending then they can't both play at the same time; it's as simple as that. Even just one of them on the pitch can prove a liability if the oppo play well..... You can't afford luxury players in the EPL.

Jose is irrelevant to this.

You can't pin all that work on one MFer..... Perhaps you "don't know football" either.
And that is why Spurs are where they are today.

Look at the top teams. Their midfielders practically put up shop in the oppositions half. They leave a CDM who hangs around in order to fill the gaps. You cannot expect a midfielder running Box to Box at full tilt for 90 minutes. They are humans, not horses. You don't need 10 men in your half just after you lost the ball in the opponents box. Get the ball back in their half. It's why the likes of Chelsea, City and in occasion Man United and Liverpool are where they are. Even their keepers are attacking by nature.

Our football hasn't changed at all since Jose Left.

Don't be upset mate, just pointing out a silly statement that you made, and in turn made yourself look like a twat way before the 'baaaahaa'. chin up.
Trust me, you have no idea how many barrels that guy has scraped the bottom of. After a while you give up and put him on ignore. Saves you repeating yourself.

I'm not upset. You "proper spurs tutorial" was entertaining. Keep the nuggets coming. World Class Ben Davies....looks like you got your chin up in Ben.

Bit late to the party on this thread, but I really enjoyed the game last night. That's pretty much what me as a Tottenham fan wants back, games that are entertaining, least you actually give yourself a chance.

Not a perfect performance by any stretch of the imagination but once again things look abit more positive.
Agree totally - had a fantastic night saw some fantastic football cracking atmosphere fans buzzing at the final whistle some delicious “banter” with a few unhappy wolves fans what football is all about - come on here and ffs there are sad miserable fuckers around
Like you said not perfect but was great fun COYS

Back
Top Bottom