Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you are going to come in with zero posts and try and troll at least do us the basic courtesy of being funny or creative or something

So you've decided all that on one fucking game where EVERYONE was shocking.

Seriously what is wrong with people like you?

Honestly, this is the dumbest post I've ever had the misfortune to read (and that says something on here!).

Everyone on here is now dumber for having read this nonsense.

Your username is apt at least, because this post is utter pants.

I suggest you go back, have a re-think, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Well, can't slay him off? Every single of them worked their socks off, I guess it isn't just me who was critical of him considering the fees that was paid for him.

Well let's give them more time and don't judge any of them, what other options have we got

Well, can't slay him off? Every single of them worked their socks off, I guess it isn't just me who was critical of him considering the fees that was paid for him.

Well let's give them more time and don't judge any of them, what other options have we got
There’s criticising a performance and there’s writing him off as the worst signing ever after one game.

The two are not the same. Grow up please

Hate to say it, but Tomiyasu looked solid again today. Just seemed like he was winning most challenges and duals. Didn't want to seem to get forward much.. but wish we had someone as solid in that position.

Emerson wants to get forwards which is great.. but not seen any real quality from him yet. Hoping that not signing Tomiyasu doesn't turn out to be a mistake.

Hate to say it, but Tomiyasu looked solid again today. Just seemed like he was winning most challenges and duals. Didn't want to seem to get forward much.. but wish we had someone as solid in that position.

Emerson wants to get forwards which is great.. but not seen any real quality from him yet. Hoping that not signing Tomiyasu doesn't turn out to be a mistake.

We do Tanganga.

Ali Gold said that we didn't pull the trigger on Tomiyasu because of Tanganga's form, they're comparable players.

Thought he had some great defensive interventions today. Two in the first half and one or two again in the second half. Looked knackered the last 15 mins.

Nothing much in the way of attacking threat and mixed in possession.

Surprised to hear some critical comments regarding him. He made two big blocks and was important in the air on the back post. Can’t recall any mistakes.

Still hoping to see a bit more going forward, but Chelsea is the toughest team in the league defensively.

Strong, did his defensive work well and got forward when he could. Given he's known more for his attacking attributes, it's encouraging to see he can defend. I'm sure we'll see him get forward more in due course.

Surprised to hear some critical comments regarding him. He made two big blocks and was important in the air on the back post. Can’t recall any mistakes.

Still hoping to see a bit more going forward, but Chelsea is the toughest team in the league defensively.

Alonso got behind him very easily today.

Not as bad as Crystal Palace but far from a good performance.

Thought he had some great defensive interventions today. Two in the first half and one or two again in the second half. Looked knackered the last 15 mins.

Nothing much in the way of attacking threat and mixed in possession.

Yeh.... Bit better at the back end today, but there's really not much on show otherwise so far.

Yeh.... Bit better at the back end today, but there's really not much on show otherwise so far.
I've seen him have very good offensive performances vs Barcelona and a decent Real Sociedad side in the last year, I'm fairly happy we've signed him. Shame we don't have midfield players than can weigh a lobbed ball over opposition full backs.

Played like this for us too. We gave him 2 games before shipping him abroad, I suggest you do the same before other teams discover his level

Nobody else is this inept at scouting.

He appears to be defensively minded but terrible in 1on1 situations, clumsy on the ball to boot. I'd comment on his ability to deliver a ball but I don't think he's actually been in a position to yet.

So far his most notable quality is he's very good at feigning getting fouled whenever a player surges past him or he loses the ball.

I've seen him have very good offensive performances vs Barcelona and a decent Real Sociedad side in the last year, I'm fairly happy we've signed him. Shame we don't have midfield players than can weigh a lobbed ball over opposition full backs.

So if all is well and good we can expect him to run beyond our winger and maybe their FBs at times then?

That's reassuring.....

Nobody else is this inept at scouting.

He appears to be defensively minded but terrible in 1on1 situations, clumsy on the ball to boot. I'd comment on his ability to deliver a ball but I don't think he's actually been in a position to yet.

So far his most notable quality is he's very good at feigning getting fouled whenever a player surges past him or he loses the ball.
He offers nothing going forward. In a modern system? Why would anyone want him lol.

I think Spurs tried to give us Ndombele but that is weird, that isn't a Barca type player at all so if course club desperate for cash so go for the cash option lol

He offers nothing going forward. In a modern system? Why would anyone want him lol.

I think Spurs tried to give us Ndombele but that is weird, that isn't a Barca type player at all so if course club desperate for cash so go for the cash option lol
Seems a bit harsh considering the below. I can see why he’s not a Barcelona type player, but I think he’ll be a good fit in the more physical and athletic PL.

Back
Top Bottom